ePhoto is the cross platform alternative to the Apple iPhoto application for Mac OS X and Windows.
In addition to the features available in iPhoto, ePhoto also adds the ability to visually search large collections of digital photos and digital videos.
After content is automatically imported into ePhoto, it is immediately available for search using purely the visual content. You can tell ePhoto to find photos or video frames that look similar to a sample image or that share similar colors or shapes. Using advanced search, you can find photos or video that have similar objects in them. With the QueryPad you can even draw a rough sketch and ask ePhoto to find images that are similar to your drawing.
Written in pure Java, ePhoto will run on any platform that supports a Java Virtual Machine.
This preview release version is limited to 750 total images, 176 of which are provided by ePhoto as a sample to demonstrate its advanced visual search capabilities.
What's new in this version:
- Faster image importing process (3x to 4x faster than the pre-release version).
- Imports large image files (tested up to 12 mega pixels).
- Supports 56 file types (see the User Guide for a complete list).
- Improved toolbar and album icons.
- Supports video file import for Mac (supports Cinepack and Sorenson codecs)
- Added video key frame grab sensitivity parameters.
- Added Automatic Visual Vocabulary generation.
- Added Automatic background processing of full analysis fo... See all new features »