CNET Editors' reviewThis PC-monitoring tool keeps tabs on your kid's computer activity, though you'll barely have time to check it out. The tool, aSpy, gives an unreasonably stingy 30 minutes during its trial, but fortunately we like what we see. Initially, the program launches immediately following installation, after which it can be called out of hiding using a quick hot-key combo and password. You'll be able to capture screenshots at user-specified intervals, record all keyloggers, programs launched, and view the Clipboard contents. Logged reports can be saved and viewed in TXT or HTML format or sent to your e-mail address. Despite our attempts, we were pleased to find aSpy couldn't be disabled or uninstalled without the password, protecting its efforts from computer-savvy youngsters. While it doesn't provide parental controls, parents looking to keep an eye on their kid's computer activity won't be disappointed with aSpy.
aSpy--the universal program-spy which allows you to watch a user work on the computer in your absence. It is intended for latent supervision of a computer. Carries out the following actions: creates a key log, remembers opening and closed applications, watches clipboard content, takes screenshots. Features of aSpy: creates a key log, distinguishing the user; keeps a history of opened and closed windows; watches clipboard content; takes screenshots in the given time interval; the convenient and intuitive interface of viewing logs, and also screenshots; creates reports in text and a HTML formats; sends the report to specified E-mail address; can work in normal and hide modes; in the hide mode it is not visible in Windows XP; opportunity to establish a password to limit access for yourself only; great features: fast installation, convenient and clear interface, wide functions set, flexible choice of settings.
Version 2.1.1 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Record all keystokes to an encrypted log file.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Monitor and log all keyboard input on all user accounts.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Monitor and record user activity on your PC.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Monitor current computer activities in stealth mode.
- Find out if anyone tries to spy on you with a keylogger or othe...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Log user activity on your computer and keep record of all keys ...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Record all keystrokes and programs run.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor your computer activities by recording every keystroke.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Keep track of what others are doing on your PC.
- Log any activity on your computer and save it in an HTML docume...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Control activities run on your computer while you're away.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not Worth Paying For....Should be FREE"
Version: aSpy 2.11
The Log that it does capture is decently displayed, but that is if it captures it
Where do I start.....Doesn't log keystrokes on Internet Windows, Chatrooms, or Instant messengers, the three main areas that I was looking for. Screen Capture doesn't work w/multi-users. Tech Support never responds. Also, not completely invisible.
I got this program because I found out that my daughter was going places she shouldn't be going on the computer. Instead of keeping her away from our computer, I decided to install a Spy program so that I could keep an eye on her activity. I would rather her go to websites in my house instead of going to her friends house and doing it there where I have no control. I did alot of research and fell upon A-Spy. On the cover, it looks great. I installed it on my Vista computer and the first thing I saw is a system window pop up for about 2 seconds in the task bar. This happens EVERY time you log in, not just the first. So much for being stealth. I was ok with this pop-up as it is quick and you do not see it unless you are looking at the bottom of the screen. But, I went to the websites that she likes to visit and typed away, NO KEYSTROKES were recorded. I logged back into the control panel of the program and it did record my keystrokes which was my password. So, I opened up instant messenger, same thing....NOTHING. I did open a Word document and started typing and it worked for that. So, it works for programs running on the computer, but not for websites and internet stuff. Also, if you have your children on a seperate user account on Vista, it doesn't capture the screen shots like it says it will for non-administrator users, taking away your parental controls that are built into Vista. Lastly, if you exit the program by pressing the red "X" instead of clicking the "Hide" button, it kills the program completely and you have to restart the computer to get it restarted. I tried to email tech support to see if there are patches that are in place to fix these things. I gave up after sending 3 emails to them. I had high hopes for this program. Stay away from this program if possible. OH, one more thing, when you go to register the product, it doesn't cost $39.00 like it says it does, they collect an additional fee of $4.00 just to purchase the program. I did this through the program key registration built into the program itself and not a third party. There is no way out of this fee because they do not accept mailed payments. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. I am saddened that this program did not work. I am off looking for another one. Wish me luck :) !!!