CNET Editors' review
While the interface could use some more detail, XnConvert for Mac makes it easy to change the attributes on one image or multiple images. In addition, the program allows for files to be matched in terms of orientation, size, and other attributes.
Upon startup, the program's initial menu is where users can click and drag files for modification. This immediately lists several criteria for the individual files, including creation date, size, and properties. Files and entire folders can also be manually loaded, which is a good feature for those wanting to modify batches of images. The second menu allows the user to select the modifications, which has dozens of important options. These are subdivided by categories, which cover filters, size, and orientation. While comprehensive, most options are difficult to interpret by their names, but a preview window will help users select appropriate choices. The output menu also allows for easy selection of file locations and additional options, such as preserving photo metadata. XnConvert for Mac responds well overall and the batch processing completes quickly, with all of the selected changes included in the output.
For those users who want a program to modify a number of photo attributes in groups, XnConvert for Mac is a useful option, despite its rather complicated interface and lack of instructions.
XnConvert is a cross-platform batch image-converter and resizer with a powerful and ease of use experience. All common picture and graphics formats are supported (i.e. JPG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, Camera RAW, JPEG2000, WebP, OpenEXR) as well as supporting over 500 other image formats. Also available within the batch operations include rotating, adding of watermarks, adding of text along with many image-adjustment features such as brightness, shadows and more. Among the features included are:
- Batch adding of files and folders
- Support for drag-n-drop of files
- Batch rotating, cropping, resizing and more
- Adding of photo masks
- Preserving or removing image metadata in conversions
- Multipage image file support (i.e animated GIF, APNG, TIFF)
- Command line integration via NConvert
- Filters - such as 'Blur', 'Gaussian Blur', 'Emboss', "Sharpen' and much more
- Effects - such as 'Old photo'
What's new in this version: Bugs fixed.
More Products to Consider
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create, alter and manipulate photos.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows, part of iLife '11.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Create stunning photos like a pro.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Image browsing and editing for both still images and movies.
- Create, edit, and enhance images.
- Lightweight, speedy image viewer/browser.
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- View comic and manga images.
- Import, process, manage, and showcase your images.
- Create mosaics from smaller images.
- Detect, remove or mark duplicates, thumbnails, missing photos a...
- Collects images and fonts for Illustrator documents.
- Protect your photos with visible watermarks, convert, rename, d...
- Solve image difference puzzles.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content