Xirc is an internet relay chat (IRC) application only for MacOSX written in pure Objective-C using Cocoa frameworks. Xirc is fully integrated with the MacOSX technologies, as like sheets, drag&drop, AddressBook, etc.
It is fully scriptable using the flexible and powerful like 'C' internal language or the AppletScript language. It supports the plugins to extend a scripting capabilities or create applications through the IRC engine.
Xirc implements DCC Send,Chat and TurboDCC, SSL connections (SSLv2 and SSLv3) with certificate and private key, connections through proxy server (HTTP, SocksV4, SocksV4a, SocksV5) and many others features.
What's new in this version:
- This release fixes a variety of bugs and adds some new features.
- The application now is Universal Binary and works on PPC and Intel.
- The Network core was completely rewritten to support IPv6 via CFNetwork framework.
- Added channel encript to talk on encrypted channels using the most used MIRCCryption algorithm and the AES 128/192/256 bits.
- Updated the growl and perl plugin to work correctly on Panther and Tiger respectively. The growl plugin supports G... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Looking to open those frustrating Microsoft Outlook MSG files o...
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Instant messaging tool.
- Localized version.
- Control camera settings from iChat, Skype and other apps.
- Multi-protocol instant messaging client.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client.
- Shell scripts & tutorial for SETI and Folding CLI clients.
- Connect with all your friends instantly.
- An easy-to-install distribution of Jenkins.
- RSS / Atom reader.
- IRC chat client for Internet meeting rooms.
- Share projects and distribute resources.
- Debug SWFs without the Flash IDE.
- VoIP softphone for SIP networks, pbx like features.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: