CNET Editors' review
World of Goo is a visually stunning physics-based puzzler that lets you create structures out of tiny, elastic gooballs. Think Apparatus or X Construction, but covered in slime.
The idea of the game is to get the gooballs to the intake pipe, which is usually in the sky, beyond some sort of chasm, or otherwise out of reach. In order to do this, you must use your gooballs to create bridges, towers, and other structures from a predetermined starting point. As you might have guessed, it's quite challenging to create something structurally sound from the elastic gooballs. Also, you only have a finite number of them to work with.
While World of Goo's plot is convoluted and unquestionably bizarre, its gameplay is another story. Simply tap to grab, and drag to pull. Within each level, there are signs posted with quick tips as well, but those are vague and unhelpful at best. Regardless, we were able to pick it up and figure it out without much effort at all. And if you've played other construction-based puzzlers, like Apparatus or X Construction, then you should be in great shape.
Overall, we think World of Goo is an absolute winner. The graphics and sound are awesome and the gameplay is intuitive. Plus, it takes the addictive challenges of other construction-based puzzlers and adds its own unique, gooey twist.
From 2D BOY:
This is the FIRST CHAPTER of the award winning game. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues.
Mysterious Levels - Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them.
World of Goo Balls - Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension.
The Sign Painter - Someone is watching you.
World of Goo Corporation - Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent!
Massive Online Competition - Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone's tower building opportunities equally.
More Products to Consider
- Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build...
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- Play classic Nintendo platformer game on your Android device.
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- Dr. Driving drives you crazy!.
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- Ride rippin' waves and dodge great whites in the best surfing g...
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Trailblaze in this new standard for mobile racing game.
- Refraction is an addicting puzzle game using lasers and prisms.
- Do you like driving big vehicles? Then you have to try Bus Simu...
- Play the most addictive physics-based car & bike racing game.Fe...
- Discover the new benchmark for physics puzzle games!.
- In a world of might and magic, are you strong enough to dominat...
- Travel thru 40 castles and defend your country from creatures o...
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- Dungeon Lurk Adventures - A True Classic Point and Click Action...
- Logo Quiz is the #1 ranked Logo Guessing Game on Google Play.
- Cut and Slice!.
- Realistic 3D Yatzy game with many features; play solo, pass'n p...
- An original puzzle game in which you try to grow a great city!.
- Do you have what it takes to be a hockey goalie superstar? To s...
- Fight fires using a water cannon while moving obstacles and act...