CNET Editors' review
World of Goo is a visually stunning physics-based puzzler that lets you create structures out of tiny, elastic gooballs. Think Apparatus or X Construction, but covered in slime.
The idea of the game is to get the gooballs to the intake pipe, which is usually in the sky, beyond some sort of chasm, or otherwise out of reach. In order to do this, you must use your gooballs to create bridges, towers, and other structures from a predetermined starting point. As you might have guessed, it's quite challenging to create something structurally sound from the elastic gooballs. Also, you only have a finite number of them to work with.
While World of Goo's plot is convoluted and unquestionably bizarre, its gameplay is another story. Simply tap to grab, and drag to pull. Within each level, there are signs posted with quick tips as well, but those are vague and unhelpful at best. Regardless, we were able to pick it up and figure it out without much effort at all. And if you've played other construction-based puzzlers, like Apparatus or X Construction, then you should be in great shape.
Overall, we think World of Goo is an absolute winner. The graphics and sound are awesome and the gameplay is intuitive. Plus, it takes the addictive challenges of other construction-based puzzlers and adds its own unique, gooey twist.
From 2D BOY:
This is the FIRST CHAPTER of the award winning game. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues.
Mysterious Levels - Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them.
World of Goo Balls - Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension.
The Sign Painter - Someone is watching you.
World of Goo Corporation - Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent!
Massive Online Competition - Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone's tower building opportunities equally.
More Products to Consider
- Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build...
- A delicious and addictive puzzle adventure with hundreds of lev...
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- 4 Pictures 1 Word. Can you guess whats the word ?.
- Play Free Racing Android Game "Need For Speed". Free DEMO Need ...
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Cut and Slice!.
- A race with your furry friends!.
- Fun and addictive Match-3 game!Another classic Match-3 game lau...
- An original puzzle game in which you try to grow a great city!.
- Fight fires using a water cannon while moving obstacles and act...
- Tired of typing logos name? Try this Logo Quiz Plus and select ...
- Play a word-finding puzzle game on your Android device.
- Experience the drama, intensity and excitement of World Cup Cri...
- Save the bugs from the Greedy Spiders!.
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Begin training your spatial and working memory!.
- Guide the ChuChu's to their rocket ship in over 500 puzzling le...
- Fingerprint Lock Screen is a free Customizable Fingerprint Scan...
- Swap 3 side by side smileys to get 3 in a row.