Whether you're a connoisseur who needs some Merlot management in the cellar below, or a novice who's just been handed the restaurant wine list by a first date, help has arrived.
LandWare has teamed with respected Wine Enthusiast Magazine to produce the premier mobile companion for choosing, evaluating, managing and enjoying wine.Select wines with confidence
Imagine having a team of experts with you every time you select a bottle of wine. With a few taps of the stylus you can instantly access up-to-date details, reviews, ratings and retail prices for over 12,500 wines worldwide.
Quickly zero in on that special bottle
No matter what your wine preference is, the Wine Enthusiast Guide will help you find it. The unique wine selector enables you search on any combination of wine style, grape variety, region as well as retail price and rating.
Manage your wine collection
Now you can use your handheld to help track the multiple aspects of a growing wine collection. The Wine Enthusiast Guide will help maintain cost and purchase details, stock and placement records, aging information, tasting notes and much more.
The next time a restaurant substitutes a wine vintage, reach for the Wine Enthusiast Guide. You can use the interactive vintage chart to quickly evaluate the maturity and harvest quality ratings for 50 regions/wine styles over the past 15 years.
Wine 101: A Wine Appreciation Course To Go
The Wine Enthusiast Guide's optionally installable set of 21 lessons have been specifically designed to help unlock the secrets of wine. The essentials of each lesson can be absorbed in just 10 minutes and include topics on pairing food with wine, ordering wine, wine and health, styles and vintages, glassware, serving and cellaring wine and much more.
Improve your wine knowledge
Was the waiter describing the Cabernet or the carpet when he gushed over its velvety texture; Quickly look up the definitions to these and over 1,400 other terms that cover all aspects of wine appreciation including Producers, Regions, Grape Varieties, Wine Types, Production and Scientific Terms, and Label terminology. Translations to foreign language terms are also provided.
- Quickly select wines by cost, rating, style, grape variety and region
- Authoritative up-to-date reviews, ratings and details for over 10,000 wines worldwide
- Complete wine cellar and buying list management
- Comprehensive wine glossary with over 1,400 terms and definitions
- Interactive vintage chart with wine maturity and harvest quality ratings
- Gain further wine knowledge with an in-depth Wine 101 course
- Maintain personal tasting records and notes
- Beam wine details to another handheld
- Supports removable Palm OS memory cards
- Sophisticated compression minimizes memory usage
What's new in this version:
- Support for Wine Guide 2007 data
- Vintage Chart has been updated and now includes 2004 vintages
- Miscellaneous reliability enhancements