CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Google Play page where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
WinZip zips and unzips files very quickly and even includes some extra features that make getting to your documents easy. It might be even better than the desktop software you know and love. It won't wow you with its looks, though.
Though you probably might not have any on your phone, this program handles ZIP files really well. It can zip or unzip a folder in seconds, even if the folder is larger in size. It even works on encrypted files. Finding things is easy thanks to WinZip's list menu, but it definitely sacrifices style for substance. Unlike the desktop version, this one doesn't make you pay after a certain amount of days or uses. Once you've unzipped a folder, you can view the contents right from the app. The app even includes a built-in viewer for Office documents. You won't be able to edit them, but you will be able to read them without any ads getting in the way. Some dedicated Office suites can't even promise that.
You couldn't ask for much more than this solid program. It packs neat performance with a few really handy features. There aren't a lot of frills, though. Since that has become standard for archive software, you shouldn't expect anything different from WinZip. It brings everything you like about the desktop version to your smartphone or tablet.
From WinZip Computing:
WinZip, the world's #1 zip utility, makes it easy to view, open and save zip files on your Android device, whether they're attached to an incoming email, downloaded from a web page or opened from an SD memory card. WinZip for Android Top Features: Receive a zip file and view supported image, text and web files directly within the WinZip app. Easily open other popular file formats with 3rd party app integration. Open encrypted Zip files (including AES128 and AES256) to review sensitive material safely while on the go. Copy unzipped content to the clipboard to paste into an email or another application. Save the last extracted zip file to access at later time. Automatically unzip and install Android apps (.apk files) delivered as .zip files from Google. Play or the Amazon Appstore. File Support and 3rd Party Integration, WinZip for Android lets you view: Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif), Text files (.rtf, .csv, .txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml,.css, .java, .cs, .h, .m,.cpp,.c,.sql,. properties), Web files (htm, .html,.jsp,.asp). WinZip for Android lets you open other popular file types in 3rd party apps: Word documents (.doc, .docx), Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx), PDF files (.pdf). WinZip for Android builds on the success of WinZip for iOS, introduced earlier this year and already downloaded by more than a million people. WinZip tools are now available on all of the industry's most popular platforms - Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Compatible with Android operating systems 2.1 (Eclair), 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3 (Gingerbread), 3.x (Honeycomb) and 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich), WinZip for Android is available now as a free English app.
More Products to Consider
- Explore phones and PCs over net.
- Clean cache, unused files, privacy history and app packages on ...
- Control your files with view-to-view navigation.
- Protect your mobile device with both anti-theft and antivirus.
- Turns your android phone into a Wi-Fi analyzer!!.
- Use business organizer on all your devices without any cloud se...
- Provide one-stop solution for mobile security and performance.
- Wifi Free gives you information about all nearby WiFi spots - b...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Install apps from your SD card on Android 2.0+ phones.
- Turns your Android device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal re...
- Bring Window 8 Taskbar to your Android.
- Mobile Tube Video Downloader is an awesome Video Download Utili...
- Volume Manager and widget to control your volume levels on your...
- Zip and unzip files, protect them by encryption, connect to clo...
- Manage and share files wirelessly between WiFi enabled devices.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Free,Featured File manager & Appmanager & taskkiller which expl...
- Create self-extracting files from ZIP files.
- The official app from Swagbucks. Earn rewards & prizes by searc...
- Convenient file manager for Android @sdreader.
- Backup all your apps, market links, and remove bloatware from y...
- Manage and control your Android devices wirelessly from a web b...
- Get a file and task management with different functionality on ...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content