CNET Editors' review
WildBit Viewer offers users the ability to view, edit, and design slideshows with their pictures. With simple commands and fantastic results, photo lovers will find a lot to enjoy here.
We immediately felt that even novice computer users could navigate this program with its clearly labeled and intuitive layout; we didn't even need to visit the Help file to get started. Through an onscreen file tree we were immediately given the opportunity to view our photo folders as either an entire collection of thumbnails or a single large shot at a time. This was helpful for searching large folders. We found commands for tilting images, zooming, and renaming shots to be simple to operate and similar to many other photo-viewing software programs we've tested. The slideshow options were also nothing we hadn't seen in many other programs, with blown-up shots and smooth cycling through images. We also discovered that the program offers a simple picture editor as an added feature and saved us a step from having to use an outside program to apply filters or add text to a shot. The overall package worked well, but didn't break any new ground with image viewers.
Wildbit is a freeware program. We recommend this program, as it provided us with familiar options and simple control over our images and slideshows.
From Marko Hietanen:
WildBit Viewer is a compact and fast image viewer with slide show and editor. Eye catching interface within blazing fast folder, file list and thumbnail viewer. Viewer includes also Image Info with Image EXIF meta data JPEG and TIFF support and IPTC (IIMV4) information (like PhotoShop file info) from JPEG and TIFF, Thumbview has changeable views, sorting and thumbnail predefined sizes for fast thumbnail size setting. Viewer also includes shell toolbar, you can drop your favorite folder there and use it as an organizer. It also includes image compare. In Compare you can compare images side-by-side. In Favorites you can save list of favorite images and load list later on and you can create custom show in to Slide Show also that list you can edit with Custom Show List Editor. With Slide Show you can view images within 172 different transition effects. Slide Show includes now multi-monitor support for fast switching between two monitors. WildBit Viewer supports all major graphic formats including BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF and TGA (over 70 formats).
What's new in this version: Version 5.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Open and displays preview images of EPS graphics files.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Create photo slideshows with music and narration.
- Find and remove duplicate photos or similar pictures.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Manage, adjust, edit, and showcase photos perfectly.
- Transfer photos and videos from your camera to your PC.
- Present your digital photos as a brilliant slide show in high q...
- View photos, images, RAW files.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Deal Breaking Flaws"
Version: WildBit Viewer 5.6
Didn't waste time finding any pros since the cons were immediately apparent and made it clear I could never use this program.
Incredibly small amount of configuration settings
Can't scroll other than by dragging the scroll bars (who does that?)
Can't paste a copied selection from one image into another in any useful way.
The scroll wheel on my mouse controls the zoom, while I'd rather it move the image up and down (scroll). Should be a setting for this, in case anyone actually wants to use it for zooming (if the programmers knew what they were doing, they'd make it zoom when the control or shift key was held down, which is what I'm pretty sure Photoshop does).
If you have two images open, and you select a small square in one image and copy it, you should be able to switch to the other image and paste that square into the image, and then be able to drag it around to place it wherever you want. However, when you paste it into the other image, the copied square gets pasted into the center, but the entre image around it gets erased. WEAK. You can draw a square in the second image, and then when you paste it will just fill up the square, but then it'll be resized and the proportions are likely to be off, unless you somehow figure out how to draw a square of the exact pixel dimensions that the selection was. Crazy.
One of the most common things I use an image utility like this for is to save screen captures, many of which are of web pages (like receipts) or diagrams (for work) that take up more than one screen. I need to be able to create a big blank image, paste the screen shot into it and scroll down and paste the next screen shot into the same image. No way to do that with this program, as far as I can tell.
Plus, the inability to scroll with the arrow keys, page up/down keys, or scroll wheel is ridiculous.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content