This patch eliminates a security vulnerability in Microsoft WebTV for Windows. There is a denial of service vulnerability in WebTV for Windows that may allow a malicious user to remotely crash either the WebTV for Windows application and/or the computer system running WebTV for Windows. Restarting the application and/or system will return the system to its normal state. Although the WebTV for Windows application ships with Windows 98, 98SE, and Windows Me products, the application is not installed by default, and customers who have not installed it would are not at risk.
See the WebTV for Windows Denial of Service Vulnerability Patch FAQ for more information.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor Internet servers and services and be notified when they...
- Find and remove specific viruses from your PC.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Get updated virus pattern files.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Update Norton virus definitions and antivirus products.
- Erase tracks of your online and offline activities, including h...
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Develop Kinect enabled applications from your Windows PC.
- Protect local and remotely running applications.
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Turn off your computer automatically.
- Hide and encrypt any folder including flash disk and removable ...
- Tweak your Windows with several tools and options.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Rescue your computer from viruses and malware.
- Unlock Windows and neutralize malware and viruses.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Library not registered"
Version: WebTV Denial of Service Vulnerability Patch (Windows Me) (MS00-074)
Well, I applied this patch and now I can no longer use my Web TV at all. It gets script errors and library not registered... I wouldn't bet that this is a valid patch.