WebLight is a web crawler that lets you efficiently maintain xml sitemaps and find markup, css and link problems so you can maintain error free, fully indexed sites without sacrificing productivity.
The heart of WebLight is its fast web crawler that makes validating and mapping entire sites, even very large sites, easy. You simply tell WebLight where to start and use rules like robots.txt to control the resources it validates and the links it follows. You can use as many starting urls and rules as necessary to scan your all of the resources you want and none that you don't.
Unlike most web crawlers that only scan public html pages, WebLight can scan most commonly used web resources - css, (x)html, atom, rss, and xml sitemaps - on local disks, public and private web sites. If you can browse it, WebLight can analyze it.
WebLight is like a link checker that validates css, html, news feeds and sitemaps while it crawls. But, WebLight doesn't just find non-standard code and broken links like other validators, it lets you categorize classes of validation problems so that you can find real problems without being distracted by noise caused by non-standard code that you intentionally use such as browser specific CSS properties and WAI-ARIA attributes, or other problems that you choose not to fix.
Maintaining xml sitemaps that help search engines efficiently index your sites is easy with WebLight. Its scanner finds all of your documents linked from news feeds, sitemaps and other documents. Then you can customize your sitemap, setting the priority, change frequency and last modified date for urls using WebLight's spreadsheet like interface. Finally, when your sitemap is ready, WebLight will ping the search engines so they can index your new pages as soon as possible.
What's new in this version:
- Added HTML validation preference so you can select the default HTML validation.
- Modified Sitemap/Get Info to let you set properties for multiple urls at once.
- Fixed bug that prevented pages with xmlns="" from being parsed.
More Products to Consider
- Create and edit XML and HTML sitemaps easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Find potential problems in HTML.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Timeline making tool.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Simple front-end for whois queries.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Administration of software projects.
- Cloak affiliate links on your website.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Printable journal with multiple sections and styles.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Spectacular product and amazing support"
Version: WebLight 5.0.18
Very easy to create and edit sitemaps.
Easy to check links & analyze everything on your website.
Cool support (the coder rewrote the app in few days to solve a bug I reported). Amazing!
It is worth trying.
Nothing that I can think of apart from a little bug that the coder took care of by rewriting the app.
Oh yeah... I wish the program was even faster! :)
WebLight did in few minutes what others programs wouldn't allow me to do: create sitemaps quickly and easily for several sites.
So basically you can analyze your entire website quickly, check links, create sitemaps, find & solve problems (CSS, Markup)...
Compare it with other "similar" programs, you'll be surprised!
"Possibly workable on a site of page links."
Version: WebLight 5.0.10
Simple to operate, seems to be quick.
It does not go very far with a site that contains php links and data from a database that drives the site.
I was pleased that it seemed to be very quick; however, when I checked the report, it seemed to be very short. I checked and found that it had not checked more than the first page so as far as I could tell, it was useless to me.
Version: WebLight 4.0.4
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
WebLight does it's job very well. You can see any link and html issues. Fix them and check again until you get a perfect site.
It was made in Java and its behavior is not actually 100% as native Mac applications. Anyway, it is the only one with a such power.
I highly recommend it.