CNET Editors' review
Those who want to edit audio files may not be satisfied with the native options available on their Mac. WavePad for Mac functions well and has most of the features users look for in a usable audio editor.
WavePad for Mac is available as a free trial version with a 14-day usage limit, while the full version requires payment of $129 to unlock. Despite requiring the user to accept a lengthy licensing agreement, the program did download and install quickly. Video tutorials and technical support were both available. The program's main menu is cluttered but well designed. Buttons for creating a new file or opening an existing one are also well positioned. The program opened an existing MP3 file quickly and with no errors. The main window displays the audio file's sound output visually, which makes it easier for editing. In addition to major features like cutting and copying sections, the program can also process files in batches, making working with a number of audio files a lot easier. After editing, the audio output file's sound matched the original and the changes incorporated well.
For users who want to edit large numbers of audio files, WavePad for Mac contains all of the features expected of this type of program and performs well.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of WavePad for Mac 5.14.WavePad - Edit music, voice, and other records - Download Video Previews:
From NCH Software:
WavePad is a sound editor program for Mac OS X. This software lets you make and edit voice and other audio recordings. You can cut copy and paste parts of recording and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. Features: Sound editing functions include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, auto trim and more. Audio effects include, amplify, and normalize, equalizer, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, sample rate conversion. Special effects include reduce vocals, distortion, chorus and more. Batch processing allows you to apply effects and/or convert your files as a single function
What's new in this version: General updates.
More Products to Consider
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Professional "creativity software" for DJs, musicians, artists,...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Teach yourself to play lead guitar and more with these interact...
- Learn to play classic hits on your guitar with this tutorial.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Find songs and mix them together as they download.
- Find, listen to and record internet radio.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- RecordPad is an sound recording program for Mac OS x.
- Audio editor/recorder with effects, mixing, & unlimited undo.
- Use this audio utility to compress your sound files with little...
- Manage your contacts, send messages, and dial phone numbers.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Record, mix, and master audio tracks.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Create and edit Web documents remotely.
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 17 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very useable interface"
Version: Wavepad Audio Editor 5.41
easy to use, intuitive interface
too many extra-cost add-ons - are they selling this piecemeal?
not worth the price when there are similar useable produces that are free