CNET Editors' review
In spite of its tiny size, WavePad packs a big audio punch.
The app furnishes plenty of tools for recording and editing sound. WavePad's interface is fairly well-organized, and the Command Bar feature provides quick access to the most frequently used functions. WavePad supports a variety of popular audio formats, including MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA, and it includes a ripping function.
Once you open a file or begin recording via your sound card, you'll see a large rendering of the waveform, and you can choose to apply edits to the entire track or only certain parts. The application lets you open several files at once and move sound fragments among them, and the inclusion of a batch-conversion utility is a nice touch. WavePad offers a decent number of basic effects, such as noise reduction, normalizing, fading, amplification, echo, changing speed and pitch, and reverb, and you can preview any edits before saving. There are also text-to-speech and speech recognition functions, impressive for a free app.
All told, this utility's many capabilities and lack of restrictions make it a fine pick for all but the most advanced, hard-core audio junkies.
From NCH Software:
WavePad is a sound editor program for Mac OS X. This software lets you make and edit voice and other audio recordings. You can cut, copy and paste parts of recording and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. Features: Sound editing functions include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, autotrim and more. Audio effects include, amplify, normalize, equaliser, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, sample rate conversion. Special effects include reduce vocals, distortion, chorus and more. Batch processing allows you to apply effects and/or convert your files as a single function. Version 3.14 allows users to drag audio file to Wavepad icon in the dock and wavepad opens the file.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Emulate up to 18 DVD/BD drives.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Split and join MP3 files and WAV files.
- Convert between WAV and mp3, wma, ogg, and FLAC.
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
- MP3 Cutter Joiner is easy-to-use MP3 Cutter and MP3 Joiner tool...
- Convert audio between formats such as MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, M4A, ...
- Locate and display lyrics in Winamp, WMP, and iTunes.
- Combine multiple MP3 files into one and optionally convert the ...
- Mount ISO images as CD/DVD device virtually.
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"This program works the way I would expect!"
Version: WavePad 4.54
The whole concept of Skype is great, especially when you get to see and talk with our grandchildren.
This application still seems to take up a lot space on my desktop, so I am forced to move it all to the right off screen most of the time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content