CNET Editors' review
It's easy to appreciate Vringo's reshaping of the classic ringtone from an audio clip the recipient attaches to an inbound call, to a short video clip that the sender wants played. The result is a fun, social service for self-expression on the cell phone. Vringo's Java application lets you manage on the mobile phone what you would otherwise have to tweak online--from previewing and setting new video ringtones (vringos, in the lingo) to sharing vringos in your collection with friends. As a bonus, you'll be able to upload videos from your mobile phone into Vringo's mobile application for conversion into a Vringo. Of course, video ringtones only play when both ends of the line have the application installed.
While the video quality has improved for phones running Java's J8 operating system, there's always room for more. We'd likewise like to see snappier speeds while downloading and previewing the vringos, and we're looking forward to an expanded selection of ringtones when Vringo goes freemium and introduces videos good enough to pay for.Vringo Mobile Application 2.0:
Vringo is the next-generation ringtone. With its award-winning video ringtone application, Vringo takes a sledgehammer to the traditional call signature, transforming the basic act of making and receiving mobile phone calls into a highly visual, social experience.
By installing Vringo's application, which is compatible with more than 200 handsets, users can create or take video, images and slideshows from virtually anywhere, including Vringo's 4,000-clips-and-counting video ringtone library or the Web, and make it into their personal call signature. In a first for the mobile industry, Vringo has introduced VringForward, a technology that lets its users select which video ringtone their friends will see when they call.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0 is the first version on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Search for and watch YouTube videos on your Windows Mobile phon...
- Search for and watch YouTube videos on your mobile phone.
- Download videos, music, TV shows and pictures on your mobile ph...
- Get instant access and watch more than 800 TV channels on your ...
- Watch TV at high quality via your Windows Mobile device.
- Cut out needed segments from DVR-MS files and compress them int...
- Capture unforgettable moments and share them with your friends ...
- Playback flash animation works on your PDA or smartphone.
- Find and watch Web videos eith your mobile phone.
- Watch free linear TV channels.
- Watch free TV in high quality over our own network.
- Stream videos from your mobile device to the Web.
- View popular Webcams from all around the globe in full-screen v...
- Browse and watch videos on this YouTube app for Windows Phone.
- Downloads videos from YouTube and convert it for playing on PDA...
- Watch and enjoy TV on the move.
- Play movies on your digital photo camera.
- Search for and extract Flash videos from the Web.
- Watch and control home TV and DVR via Slingbox on your BlackBer...
- Stream videos from your BlackBerry to the Web.
- Record your precious moments in AVI format with your mobile pho...
- Play and convert high-quality video and synchronized sound.
- View popular Webcams from all around the globe organized by cat...
- View clips on your mobile phone.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"download not working as expected"
Version: Vringo Mobile Application (Java) 2.0
software seems good from description
trouble with download
When I clicked the download link, the jad file that was downloaded contained HTML. The error seems to be caused by the file beeing hosted on Google Groups. In order to get the working file, go to: http://secret-stuff.googlegroups.com/web/Vringo-J2ME2-2_0_213-en_US.jad and click the link to download it from there. (In other words, this is NOT a direct link, so users with download managers should NOT copy the URL I pasted here into their download manager).edit: the .jar file can also be downloaded directly from http://www.vringo.com/landing/Vringo-J2ME2-2_0_213-en_US.jar
Updated on Jan 15, 2009