CNET Editors' review
What if Digsby and Skype merged into one seemingly all-powerful VoIP and messaging communications tool is the question that VoxOx seeks to answer. VoxOx's many features have not yet been seen in one package, and version 2 of the program introduces even more features. Whether their execution suits your needs may be another matter.
VoxOx 2 offers all that came before, and more. It's got multi-protocol chat, social networking support, and Web mail integration. It also offers a telephony service that includes call encryption, mobile-to-mobile calls initiated by either SMS or via a Web site. New in this version are a free personal assistant for recording, forwarding, routing, and screening calls, inbound and outbound fax management, Facebook and MySpace IM support, a reworked contact manager that attempts to merge your contacts from their disparate sources, and stronger back-end support. Users have been promised that new servers can handle the workload asked of them.
You can share files up to 100MB via an internally-generated download link that can then be shared via e-mail or instant message. This is different from the direct support of most IM clients, but that file size bump is hard to ignore. There's mobile access, too, for those who use a mobile browser, iPhone, or WAP. The call quality on the Callback feature, where you initiate a long-distance or international phone call from your computer or SMS, was clear and crisp.
The Personal Assistant is the big new feature in this version, and for users who need to manage multiple phone numbers, it's a killer. You can redirect calls based on which number you want to be reached at first, and by who's calling you. You can record calls as they occur, or listen to messages as they're being recorded. You can also transfer a live call from a landline to a mobile number and not lose the call.
The interface has received an overhaul, and in general it's better. One drawback is that while many options are available from the Settings menu, not all of them are. Some you need to go to different parts of the program, such as altering IM fonts. Using VoxOx's phone features requires points, and users are given 120 points/minutes to get started. With an overwhelming feature set, VoxOx continues an uphill climb against better-known competitors or those who focus on a single feature, but it's hard to ignore the appeal of what's offered.
VoxOx by TelCentris is the only service that unifies all of your communication channels voice, video, IM, text, social media, e-mail, fax and content sharing into a single, intuitive interface, giving you full control of your interconnected lifestyle. VoxOx enables you to manage all of your connections and contacts holistically, requires you to give up nothing and, at the same time, provides a sophisticated global phone service for free or at low cost options. By using VoxOx, you can easily participate in virtually every electronic form of communication one at a time, simultaneously and in different combinations. Greater ease of use, especially when accessing multiple channels, will result in an ever broader adoption of these technologies, not just by Millennials and Gen-Xers, but by friends and family of all ages who are becoming overwhelmed by today's growing communications frenzy.
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.111 includes an updated Facebook plugin, which fixes an issue where status messages were not appearing correctly for some Facebook contacts.
More Products to Consider
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Join live-video chat rooms from around the world.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Add thousands of cool effects to webcam video for live video ch...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add a virtual webcam with amazing video effects to your video c...
- Repair, remove SIM restrictions from, and unlock various cell p...
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Add a virtual Webcam for video chats software such as Skype, MS...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Run multiple Skype accounts on the same computer.
- Capture, edit, print, and share photos and videos from your Web...
- Input the Instagram user name and download all his photos with ...
- Chat with all your Facebook friends directly from your Desktop.
- Download pictures from Instagram to your PC.
- Access your Facebook account quickly and easily.
- Enhance your video chat rooms in Camfrog.
- Unlock your mobile cell phones.
- Receive Facebook notifications, messages, friend requests direc...
- Open, view, and extract data from TNEF-encoded messages.
- Instant translate from and to any language.
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 53 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Does not work all the time"
Version: VoxOx 18.104.22.1681
Good concept, good user interface
hangs frequently while chatting, esp while chatting with persons from two different applications like gtalk & skype). makes PC terribly slow when a chat notification arrives. does not suppress gtalk, so 2 notifications appear for same chat invitation
need to remove bugs before it can be used at large.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content