CNET Editors' review
Virtual DJ Studio looks and feels like a professional mixing tool, but it's missing some of the more advanced editing tools you might need. True to that, it boils down some of the most common mixing tools into a few basic steps for rookies, although it would benefit from better labeling. The bigger downside is that you can't save your work without an upgrade.
Virtual DJ Studio opens with a relatively obnoxious audio file playing and a tutorial waiting for you. It lets you control nine different audio files at once. You can adjust the volume, add effects, and cut and trim music files with a few easy touches. There are lots of different effects in this soundboard, but none of them are clearly labeled. That means you have to experiment to get the exact sound you want. There's a neat karaoke mode, but you have to supply the music. Once you've finished, you can't save all of your files together without upgrading to the full version of the software.
If you don't mind your tracks sounding a little amateur, give Virtual DJ Studio a try. Just remember that you'll have to tinker with it a lot to get the exact sound you're looking for. Additionally, this software will be cheaper than Pro Tools and a little easier to use, as well.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Virtual DJ Studio 6.6.
From Next Generation Software:
A Virtual DJ Console for the PC. Features full DJ and Karaoke support, plugin support, and much more. With a mixer-like layout, you can easily cue up songs for your singers, and seamlessly transition from the automatic playlist to a singer and back. Save your singers names, as well as their favorite songs, profile pictures, and song settings. Display your singers' pictures on the Karaoke screen.
What's new in this version: Version 6.9.8 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Perform cross-fading, beat-matching audio mixes.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Explore creative possibilities of digital mixing.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Deploy and experiment DJ's techniques without turntables.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Mix your favorite MP3s and DJ your parties.
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Mix songs or videos like a pro DJ using instant beat-matching, ...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Make your custom music mixes spiced with scratches, scats, raps...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Remix and create music and develop your own DJ style.
- Mix and beat-match video, audio, karaoke, and visualizations.
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Mix your music and video in various formats.
- Become professional DJ using beat estimation and parallel visua...
- Mix MP3s on your computer as you would with conventional turnta...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 81 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: