From Academic Answers:
We like to think of Viper as the FREE alternative to Turn It In.
Our anti-plagiarism software is used by teachers, lecturers and students worldwide to detect instances of plagiarism in academic work, such as essays, dissertations and pieces of course.
Are you a student?
Use the software to find out:
- If you've missed a reference, or incorrectly cited a sentence
- If you've mixed notes from a book or journal in with your own.
- if you've plagiarised, even accidentally, a piece of your own work!
Are you a Teacher/Lecturer?
Use the software to find out if a student has:
- Cheated by plagiarising off the internet
- Plagiarised a piece of their own work.
- Copied work off of a friend, or other pupil
Can you afford not to use our free plagiarism scanner?
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.03 features improved reliability, and better stability.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- Search for various e-books from the Internet.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 68 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Viper - the Anti-plagiarism Scanner 1.2.03
Case study question #3:
How could the use of information technology help a small business you know be more successful? Provide several examples to support your answer.
There is a small fitness center in a town near where I live. This gym utilizes a computer for their billing and membership profiles. When members enter the gym they can swipe a card which in turn brings up a profile screen of the member who just swiped in. The information that is displayed is limited to the last visit date and the payment history for the account. Next to this computer screen are stacks of alphabetically ordered index cards that contain the individual members? unique workout routine and progress. These cards are handwritten therefore some members update the routine less than what they should.
A customized software program could be tailored to meet the need for keeping track of individuals? progress and for providing updated workout routines that will continuously challenge the individual. This would enhance the members? fitness results and in turn would generate more sales in membership.
For example, the customized software would work by programming an individual?s fitness goal. An initial workout routine would be provided. Once the workout is completed for the day, the person would visit the computer and click a few buttons to update their profile. The next time they come to exercise all they have to do is click a button to printout a new sheet which will guide them through the suggested changes to the routine.
If there were two gyms in town and only one of them offered this service, I?m almost certain that the gym with the service would dominate the competition and new membership would sky rocket. The technology in the exercise equipment such as the ability to change a machine?s resistance by the push of a button has been the extent of the high tech marketing for a gym. This really has no affect on an individual?s fitness results unless they know what they need to set the resistance to. The index card system would be obsolete and the gym space that is being used to accommodate the cards would be freed for other use.
Why do big companies fail in their use of information technology? What should they be doing differently?
Big companies may fail in their use of information technology due to the lack of planning by the managers. The development of information system solutions involve the users of the software having sufficient training or understanding of how the various programs work. There could also be an issue of outdated hardware or the computer?s operating system being incompatible with the updated versions of software.
These companies may want to invest in their human capital by providing continuous technical training for the staff. This would include an initial training session which covers every aspect of the information system concepts. As new software is introduced to the organization, the users should be mandated to go through another training session which refreshes their memory about information system concept and provides a detailed lesson on the software that is being introduced.
The computers? operating system and processor should be considered as well. The new software that comes to the market can provide a company with a leading competitive edge, but the issue of having sufficient computer processing speed and storage capacity is critical. Businesses should be aware of how frequently their resources need to be replaced.
"free, effective and functional !"
Version: Viper - the Anti-plagiarism Scanner 1.2.03
the specificity and sensitivity.
takes longer than I thought and requires certain internet speed !
It is free and good alternaive to turnitin and really detects plagiarism. I ove it and depend on it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content