Veusz is a scientific plotting package written in Python. It uses PyQt for display and user-interfaces, and numarray for handling the numeric data. Veusz is designed to produce publication-ready Postscript output (plots can additionally saved to SVG or printed to PDF).
Veusz provides a GUI, command line and scripting interface (based on Python) to its plotting facilities. The plots are built using an object-based system to provide a consistent interface.
Features of package:
- X-Y plots (with errorbars)
- Contour plots
- Images (with colour mappings)
- Stepped plots (for histograms)
- Line plots
- Function plots
- Fitting functions to data
- Stacked plots and arrays of plots
- Plot keys
- Plot labels
- LaTeX-like formatting for text
- EPS output
- Simple data importing
- Scripting interface
- Save/Load plots
- Dataset manipulation
- Embed Veusz within other programs
What's new in this version: See http://home.gna.org/veusz/releasenotes/1.10.txt.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Calculate body mass index for women.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Calculate your BMI using a chart.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Perform different operations on calculator and converter.
- Calculate body mass index for men.
- Microsoft Mathematics provides a graphing calculator that plots...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Powerful, fully customisable plots."
Version: Veusz 1.10
1. You can get just the output you want, with a little effort.
2. The author is very helpful.
3. It does lots more (e.g. scripts), which I have not yet explored.
You have to download and install mysterious (to me) packages with names like Python and Numpy, which is a bit of a fiddle if you're not used to Terminal.
If you have been driven mad by trying to format the charts in spread-sheet packages, give Veusz a try - it's worth the effort.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content