CNET Editors' review
Integrating several collaboration apps into one, TwitHaven for Mac provides your organization with a straightforward way to communicate and stay up to date on projects. It's a subscription-based app that comes with many features and supports all desktop platforms. Don't expect it to be perfect or super fast, though.
When launched for the first time, TwitHaven for Mac asks you to sign in. If you're a new user, you are offered a two-month trial membership for which you need to register. The application's main interface is clean and well organized, giving you a clear view of messages, recipients, and attachments, as well as a neat search box. However, once you launch the app's Preferences window, things become a bit overwhelming, as there are many options to set. Since all of the app's data is stored in the cloud, you will notice a delay for nearly every action you take within the app, something which can disrupt an otherwise fast-paced workflow. Two nice features include automatic message readouts and password-protected messages, but the fact that you can view attachments for protected messages makes the last feature less useful. In addition, you cannot attach files larger than 1MB; the app suggests you use DocHaven for this. Another quirk to consider is that once the application's main window is closed, the only way to summon it is to press Command+T or go to the Window menu. Doing that always creates a pop-up window called "Menu," which lets you access other apps like DocHaven and CRMHaven and cannot be dismissed, only minimized.
TwitHaven for Mac impresses with its concept, but suffers from somewhat poor execution and performance. Nevertheless, if you need an internal messenger application for sending short messages and attachments, this one might work for you. But before upgrading to any of the Pro subscriptions, do test the free trial, yourself, to see if it's actually worth giving up on your current messenger app.
From Holy Mackerel Software:
TwitHaven is designed as an internal messaging system useful for sending short messages and attachments without the complexities of email and SMS text systems. Users only need to know their colleagues' names. There is no set up necessary - just log in and go. A photo of each sender lets us be reminded of who is sending the Message. Messages can be sent to offsite email or SMS locations. Links with DocHaven and CRMHaven to receive messages regarding current Projects and Client workflows. Messages are spoken out lout to save having to read from the screen. Messages can be dismissed and recalled then drilled down to make finding messages easier. While messages are designed to be a limit of 140 characters (the limit of SMS), it is possible to expand them to any length, increasing the row height to view the whole message or copy and paste into a word-processor for editing. Messages can be sent to an individual or a group of users (you must be a member of that group to send to it) or both. All messages have a start and expiry date and time. This allows you to create a series of messages at the start of the year to remind users of upcoming events yet the message will not appear on their computers until the time has come. Also messages will expire so there is no need to remind people of events after the event is over. TwitHaven is available for any of Macintosh, Windows and Linux, it is available on the Cloud so there is no longer any excuse for people being uninformed. The sender can always check to see who has accepted the Message or not.
What's new in this version: A message can be sent to multiple Users and multiple Groups by checking their checkboxes.
More Products to Consider
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Connect with all your friends instantly.
- Looking to open those frustrating Microsoft Outlook MSG files o...
- Google, Skype, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, Jabber, Facebook, SMS, Fax, and...
- Copy to, move to, or open a recently used mailbox.
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- One-to-many screen sharing.
- Access your Infusionsoft data from Apple Mail.
- Cashless payment for goods and services.
- Add DSP effects to any Mac application with audio content.
- Add functionality for Apple Mail signatures.
- Monitor web page contents for search terms, emailing results pe...
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Remind yourself to include e-mail attachments if you forget.
- Delete file forks, swap data fork, delete files and folders now...
- Promotes your business services via message broadcasting.
- Generate short links for Twitter by dragging media to your menu...
- Investigate your website, secure your servers.
- Instant messaging tool.