CNET Editors' review
Teachers these days need all the help they can get. Totally Free Teacher Tools is a suite of five tools that can be useful to teachers and plenty of other people, too. Although none of the tools are must-haves, they're not bad to have around just in case.
Once Totally Free Teacher Tools is installed, users have the option to download each individual tool one at a time. This is useful if you don't want to clutter up your computer with unneeded programs, but a bit of a pain if you want to try everything out. We started with Text Tally, a tiny utility that automatically displays the number of characters, words, and lines in text that is stored in the clipboard. Text Tally minimizes to the system tray when not in use and springs into action whenever you click it. Next up was Cool Timer, which can be used to count down increments of hours, minutes, and seconds. We liked it that Cool Timer lets users customize the sounds used when the time is up and the color of the interface, but it would have been nice if it were larger for classroom use. After that we tried The Hat, which we found extremely useful. This is a tool to help users select names at random, and it was very easy to use. We entered a list of names, and the program gave us the option to shuffle the list, randomly select one name, or select names in pairs. Giftwiz was another utility that helped take the hassle out of selecting people, this time matching up names for the purposes of Secret Santa or other gift-giving activities. Finally, Screen Highlighter is a program that lets users draw anywhere on their screen with a yellow highlighting tool. Each of the program's five tools came with its own Help file and was easy to use. Overall, Totally Free Teacher Tools offers a variety of utilities that aren't necessarily related, but they're all useful and worth keeping handy.
Totally Free Teacher Tools comes as a zip file.
From Harmony Hollow Software:
Suite of freeware utilities for Windows to make life easier in the classroom. Includes Cool Timer, a handy countdown timer and alarm clock; The Hat, which automatically randomizes a list of names or allows you to pick random names from a list; Giftwiz, to automate your holiday gift exchange program; Text Tally, which automatically counts lines, words, and characters in blocks of text that you copy to the Windows Clipboard; and Screen Highlighter, which lets you highlight or annotate anything on your computer screen.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1"
- Added new version of Cool Timer
- Added new version of The Hat.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- GDI memory leak failure log save.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Repair Windows Registry errors and protect your computer from h...
- Calculate body mass index for women.
- Get a free periodic table with extensive information on chemica...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Calculate your BMI using a chart.
- Record and monitor your financial transactions.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It's for keeps! You'll never know when you'll need it!"
Version: Totally Free Teacher Tools 1.0
It's a pack of 4 SIMPLE tools. It's not only made for teachers but also for everyone. It's not really a daily necessity tools but it could come very handy at times.
None so far....
The installer file doesn't install all 4 apps in one go but instead gives you the freedom to choose which application to install. It does exactly as the publisher's description said it would. All 4 applications are customizable.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: