The purpose of 'TopSecret' application is to help find a lost or stolen iPhone.
The program will send you an email with the device location and other details that you can give to local authorities to have your iPhone returned to you (never try to recover it by yourself!)
Takes seconds to install and very simple to setup: on first launch, just enter your email address and that's it!
The application name and icon are designed to trick an eventual thief and make him/her believe he/she will get access to some confidential information by running it.
When he/she does, the program display a "Please wait, accessing confidential information..." message, and silently send you emails with as much as possible information that will help to locate where is your iPhone.
After a while an error message is displayed, to make the thief try again later, increasing your chances to get more information and locate the device.
You can also decide to display a 'custom' message instead of the fake network error one, or even make your iPhone automatically dial a specific phone number!
Communications between the iPhone application and Kickoo server are secured and encrypted using SSL protocol, which mean that even if you are connected on an untrusted WIFI network with someone 'sniffing' all packets, they will be unable to gather any information, not even your email address...
Current version (1.0) features:
- very easy to setup.
- communications between your iPhone and Kickoo server are encrypted using SSL.
- send an email with the device unique identifier.
- send an email with the device name.
- send an email with the phone number, when available (depend on operator).
- send an email with iPhone location (latitude, longitude, altitude and accuracy), when available.
- send an email with local Wifi interface IP address, when available.
- send an email with local Edge/3G interface IP address, when available.
- send an email with remote IP address.
For a very low (introductory) price, you may increase the chances to retrieve your iPhone in case it gets lost or stolen.
Of course, there is no warranty that you will recover your device, but it is worth trying, don't you think?