CNET Editors' review
Despite its dated design, Toki LineTest HD for Mac easily creates early drafts of professional animators' work, and has all of the functions likely needed by these users.
The program offers a free trial version with a 60-frame limit. The full program costs $69.90. The download completed quickly over a high-speed connection. The installation folder contained readme, instructions, and license files in several languages, which was a nice feature. It was unclear if technical support was available, but the program started up without any problems. The instructions were a particularly useful feature since the main menu is not intuitive. Toki LineTest HD for Mac's appearance is poor with only partially defined graphics on the large buttons. Users can create new files or load previously saved ones. Other editing buttons are likely to be familiar to animators, but others would need to consult the instructions to decipher them. The program's drawing features were relatively rudimentary, but during testing worked well for creating basic scenes and images.
For those professional animators who need a program to quickly create drafts and scenes, Toki LineTest HD for Mac works well, despite its dated and cluttered menu.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Toki LineTest HD for Mac 4.6.5.
From Digital Salade:
Toki LineTest HD is a pencil test software for the professionals in animation, students or amateurs. With Toki LineTest HD, the animators have everything to carry out their pencil tests: digitizing of the drawings taken with a video camera (DV camera, and Web cam) or imported from a scanner, digital camera or drawing software; editing of the xsheet; synchronization of the drawings with the soundtrack; playback the pencil test movie.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed few minor bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Create and process PDF documents.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Convert PDF to most formats including word documents, images, a...
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Design and print professional labels.
- Create complex vector-based raster patterns based on bitmap ima...
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Join multiple PDF files into one single PDF file.
- Create various architectural designs.
- Reduce size of InDesign links; convert colors, formats & more.
- Edit, convert, and annotate PDF files.
- Build pretty looking diagrams with minimal effort.
- Driver for Ecamm's BT-1 bluetooth wireless webcam.
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- Client for the online photo print service.
- Preflight and package multiple InDesign documents.
- Internet camera system and streaming video server.
- Page layout & design.
- Stitch 360 degree panorama for mac and export Flash VR, HTML5, ...
- SilverFast DC - Digital Camera Software - creates brilliant ima...
- Create and deliver rich multimedia and dynamic Internet apps.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Best all-around line test available!"
Version: Toki LineTest HD 4.6
For animators who animate on paper and want to continually test their work, Toki Line Test is the one to have. But it is what it says it is: a line test software. You can't draw in it or do camera moves, but for line testing you can't beat it at the price, or even at three times the price. Customer support is prompt and personal, and I have never asked a question they couldn't answer to my satisfaction. I have also used Toki for simple stop-motion animation in classes for kids, and the immediate feedback, plus the ability to add footage at the end (if you haven't moved the camera) is a solid plus. Also you can output in a wide variety of movie formats or print individual frames, and X-sheets can be printed in English or French. As for sound, you can record or import a sound track and analyze the track visually.
For my money, there are no cons to this software.
Toki Line Test is what I was looking for in a line-test application, and it has never disappointed me.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: