CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
The official game for the latest Batman movie is here, and it packs a huge punch. Weighing in at around 1.8GB, The Dark Knight Rises for Android boasts impressive 3D graphics, a heavy storyline, and a whole Batcave full of gadgets for you to play with.
While the game's plot isn't exactly loyal to the movie's, it is still incredibly engaging and complex, especially as mobile games go. Fortunately, there's also a lot of story animation to help keep it moving smoothly. All of the characters are there with their own agendas, just as in the movie, and it's Batman's job to navigate them all using his superheroic, though slightly rusty, sleuthing skills.
The gameplay of The Dark Knight Rises offers your typical over-the-shoulder adventure, with you as Batman. As expected, your job is to run around Gotham City, do detective work, complete missions, and neutralize baddies. The virtual control stick is on the left, with all of your weapons and action buttons on the right side of the screen. Jump and Attack buttons are always there, while other buttons for special items like Batman's grapnel hook and Batarang pop up as needed.
As fun as it is to roam the streets of Gotham punching out Bane's henchmen, I do feel as though the controls are at times an obstacle. The control pad is extremely sensitive, sometimes making it difficult to move around precisely. Also, throughout the game, you have to constantly swipe around to change camera angles, as objects and other characters will often completely obstruct your view. To say the least, this can get very annoying.
Still, with the complexity of the story and simplicity of the game play I found myself addicted to The Dark Knight Rises in no time. I enjoyed the variation in maps and objectives, and especially loved that some levels included puzzle-type challenges in addition to the kicking and punching.
While the The Dark Knight Rises is a bit hefty at nearly 2GB, and certainly not cheap at $6.99, I still think it's a worthwhile download, especially for Batman fans. And since it offers dozens of missions to complete and an arsenal of weapons to play with, chances are it'll keep you entertained for even longer than the movie did.
The epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolans Batman trilogy arrives on Android in the exclusive video game inspired by the movie.THE EXCLUSIVE GAME INSPIRED BY THE DARK KNIGHT RISESAfter being gone for eight years, Bruce Wayne gets back into action as Batman. Waiting for him are the mysterious Selina Kyle and Bane, a lethal adversary on a crusade to tear apart Batmans legacy piece by piece. Meet all of Batmans allies and regain your strength to protect Gotham City from Bane. Become completely immersed in the story thanks to likenesses of all the movies main characters like Catwoman, Lucius Fox and Commissioner Gordon.AN EPIC GAMING EXPERIENCEDozens of missions plus random events will make you feel all the thrills of being a superhero. Deal with hostage situations, bomb squads, jailbreaks and car chases to prove that youre the true protector of Gotham.A thrilling fighting system that puts you right in the heart of the action thanks to many different moves and cinematic effects. Collect items hidden within the city to unlock upgrades and new fighting skills for Batman.PLAY AS THE DARK KNIGHTAccess Batmans complete arsenal and learn how to take full advantage of each tool. Use the Grapnel to cross the city or to defeat foes, throw the Batarang to knock out your enemies or to hit a distant button; the possibilities are infinite.When kicks and gadgets are of no use, The Dark Knight relies on his vehicles to get the job done. Drive the Bat-Pod for special vigilante missions or pilot The Bat for fast travel across the city. EXPERIENCE GOTHAM AS YOU NEVER HAVE BEFOREExplore the entire city of Gotham and its different districts spread across a huge map and enjoy stunning graphics for total immersion in the dark universe of Batman. ----Visit our official site at http://www.gameloft.comFollow us on Twitter at http://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.Check out our videos and game trailers on http://www.youtube.com/Gameloft Discover our blog at http://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.Recent changes:This update fixes some issues reported by users, including:- Stability issues- Pink outlines on certain devices- Other minor fixesThank you for your feedback!Content rating: Medium Maturity
What's new in this version: This update fixes some issues reported by users, including:- Stability issues- Pink outlines on certain devices- Other minor fixesThank you for your feedback!
More Products to Consider
- A delicious and addictive puzzle adventure with hundreds of lev...
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- 4 Pictures 1 Word. Can you guess whats the word ?.
- Battle, block, and maneuver your way to stop the evil plans of ...
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- A race with your furry friends!.
- Zombie Dash combines the timeless appeal of arcade games with s...
- Tired of typing logos name? Try this Logo Quiz Plus and select ...
- Cut and Slice!.
- Experience the drama, intensity and excitement of World Cup Cri...
- Slide and fly over the beautiful hills on your Android device.
- Guide your ninja through a fantastic world while dodging barrie...
- Fun and addictive Match-3 game!Another classic Match-3 game lau...
- Find and reserve redbox movies and games nearby with the offici...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Raise beautiful baby Clown Fish, feed them to see them grow, an...
- Fingerprint Lock Screen is a free Customizable Fingerprint Scan...
- Shoot the bunnies on your Android device.
- Find the best games for you with this recommendation system.
- Play SlenderMan LIVE!.
- Fly through 8 levels and defeat waves of enemies.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content