CNET Editors' review
Based on a two-player dice game originally titled Ten Thousand, single-player game Ten Thousand Solitaire for Mac seems to apply the similar rules but is packed in a rather basic and unattractive package. The goal of this dice game is to get to 10,000 points before running out of rolls, but its unattractive interface and not too enticing gameplay left us confused and uninterested.
Ten Thousand Solitaire for Mac downloads quickly, and no installation beyond unzipping the downloaded file is necessary. The design of this game is minimal. A small gray window, black text, white buttons, and red squares representing the dice are the extent of it. The game includes rules and scoring conventions in the Help file and there is an option to turn the sound on and off, but that's it for settings. Three main buttons: "New Game," "Cache Out," and "Roll Again" are found on the left, while on the right there are fields displaying Score, Holdings, and Cache Outs. Ultimately, the game consists of hitting the "Roll Again" button repeatedly, and collecting points on your roll. Scoring is based on several rules, which are explained in the Help file. Points are given based on the rolls, starting from 50 for a single "five," to 100 for a single "one," up to 1,500 points that the player can receive for a straight "run." You may "cache out" (the developer's spelling) and bank your points if you have at least 250 points, and then start with a new roll, and keep doing this until you reach 10,000 points.
While we have never played this game in real life, we got the idea that a game with two players would have been a lot more interesting than a single-player computer version. Ten Thousand Solitaire for Mac doesn't seem particularly challenging or fun, and would perhaps be interesting only to those who have already played this game and are looking for a not-so-challenging version of it.
Ten Thousand Solitaire is a freeware solitaire game using six dice. Different dice and combinations of dice give you points. You decide when to roll again and when to cache out. The goal is to cache out with a score of 10,000 or higher. Includes sound.
What's new in this version: Compiled for 32 bit Cocoa.
More Products to Consider
- Sims 2 game update.
- Play a one-act interactive drama.
- Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify z...
- Realtime strategy game.
- Play solitaire with 3D effects.
- Real-time strategy game.
- Save the human race from invading aliens in this fun arcade-typ...
- Fly various missions or fly against your friends over the Inter...
- Borderlands 2 saved game editor.
- Version 1.1 Update for Spider Man 2 Third-person action adventu...
- Complete money management solution for everyone.
- The Hardest Action Game You Will Play This Year (no, seriously)...
- Metric unit converter, over 200 conversions & functions.
- Adventure game to explore worlds and build structures.
- Solitaire card games with handcrafted artwork.
- Create and play realistic jigsaw puzzles on your Mac with your ...
- Popular house life simulation game.
- Minesweeper game.
- The final word in virtual dice rollers.
- Atari 2600 emulator.
- Build and operate your own zoo.
- RPG dice roller & hierarchical note taker.
- The Locas really do put the fun back in funeral in Grave Mania:...
- Social networking service for Mac users.