TeamViewer is a simple and fast solution for remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer that works behind any firewall and NAT proxy. To connect to another computer just run TeamViewer on both machines without the need of an installation procedure. With the first start automatic partner IDs are generated on both computers. Enter your partner's ID into TeamViewer and the connection is established immediately. With over 15 million users TeamViewer is a standard tool to give support and assistance to people in remote locations. The software can also be used for presentations, where you can show your own desktop to a partner. TeamViewer is completely free for private use.
Version 4.1.6172 has fixed some e-mail clients had problems with special characters in e-mails generated by TeamViewer and other minor fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 4.1.6172 has fixed some e-mail clients had problems with special characters in e-mails generated by TeamViewer and other minor fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Improve the speed and reliability of any WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G or wi...
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Include server media to your PlayStation 3 over your network.
- Find unknown computers on your internal network and do somethin...
- Replace your Network Interface Card's Media Access Control (MAC...
- Turn your computer into a WiFi access point with firewall and U...
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Create a WiFi Hotspot on your PC or Laptop.
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 819 votes
Current version:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Great when it works!"
Version: TeamViewer 4.1.6172
When it works, you can do everything on the remote computer as if you were sitting right in front of it.
Since my last upgrade (version 5) Team viewer has been freezing the remote computer often to the point where you cannot even restart the remote computer. This is tending to happen more and more.
"Aswome program with 1 dibilitating problem"
Version: TeamViewer 4.1.6172
Easy to set up, easy to use. Very straight forward. Runs as a windows service so you have access to a pc even at the logon screen. Easily record your session and transfer files.
does not play nice with winxp non-admin accounts (limited accounts)
Set this up to help mother-in-law with her new computer. Was able to talk her through the install over the phone and I set up both accounts on my end so it was a snap. Easily admin her computer, update, troubleshoot and show her how to do things or watch her and talk her through the process.
Then, she wanted my niece to use the computer so since she is 10 and therefore devious I set her up a limited/non-admin account. From then on out I had problems. When she was logged in that pc was shown as offline and I had no access what so ever. If I logged on to remote control that pc when she wasn't logged on and I tried to log on to her limited account the screen would go black and I'd have to close my TV session and restart it, then I could "usually" remote control her account. But, if I logged her account of the pc remotely the screen would freeze and I'd have to manually close my session (X) button and even though the computer was running and awaiting logon on the other end her pc would show as offline until a reboot was done. There's been an open ticket on this for a few days and if I get it sorted out I'll repost.
Also, not the programs fault really, more like internet lag (I'm on sat) but it takes some getting used to to double click sometimes. Be patient.
I would recommend this to a friend. It's a great program as long as you're dealing with admin accounts. Like sitting in front of that persons computer.
"SO SIMPLE, YET WITH ALL THE PERKS"
Version: TeamViewer 4.1.6172
VERY SIMPLE TO USE, YET HAS ALL OF THE FEATURES AS THE MUCH MORE COMPLICATED PROGRAMS LIKE RADMIN. I JUST ATTACH IT TO AN EMAIL, AND SEND IT TO THE REMOTE USER. THEN, THEY OPEN IT, AND TA-DA ITS READY TO USE. BETTER YET... TEAMVIEWER IS FREE!!!!
YOU HAVE TO SAVE THIS PROGRAM INTO A .ZIP FILE BEFORE EMAILING... NOT THE PROGRAMS FAULT THOUGH.
ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAMS WILL SOMETIMES PICK IT UP AS BEING A KEY LOGGING VIRUS... AGAIN NOT THE PROGRAM'S FAULT.
READ SUMMARY FOR A BETTER EXPLAINATION
I NEED SOMETHING TO GET INTO PEOPLE'S PC'S REMOTELY AT TIMES. THIS PROGRAM IS GREAT AT GETTING THE JOB DONE, WHILE SAVING TIME AND GAS MONEY FOR BOTH THE REMOTE USER AND MYSELF. HANDS DOWN, THIS PRODUCT IS COMPARABLE WITH THE PAY PRODUCTS. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE OTHER GUYS, AS LONG AS TEAMVIEWER STAYS FREE.
AS WITH ANY .EXE PROGRAM, MANY EMAIL PROVIDORS WILL NOT ALLOW IT TO BE EMAILED AS-IS, SO I HAVE TO ZIP IT, THEN EMAIL IT AND EVERYTHING IS FINE. NOT THE PROGRAM'S FAULT THOUGH.
SOME ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAMS WILL PICK IT UP AS BEING A KEYLOGGING VIRUS. THIS IS BECAUSE IT TECHNICALLY "IS" SENDING YOUR ACTIONS OVER THE INTERNET. AS WITH "ANY" REMOTE ACCESS SOFTWARE, THERE IS A DEFINITE POSSIBILITY OF IT HAVING ILL-INTENTIONS, BUT THIS PROGRAM SEEMS TO BE LEGIT.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content