CNET Editors' review
Switch Audio Converter for Mac is a sound-file format converter that takes files in a number of formats and recodes them in formats the Mac can handle. As it's not available through the App Store at the time of review, we obtained our copy from the publisher's Web site.
To use Switch Audio Converter for Mac you can add files to the interface through browsing or by drag and drop. The Switch Audio Converter for Mac interface is straightforward. The dialog box shows a list of files to convert, their existing format and size, and any metadata associated with the file. Icons at the top let you add more files or folders, as well as set conversion parameters and launch the conversion process on all queued files. By default, the input files are converted to MP3 format, but AIFF and WAV files are also supported. There's the option to automatically normalize audio when converting, so volume differences can be accommodated. Also, there's the ability to handle audio tracks from video files (AVI, MOV, and MPEG formats).
Switch Audio Converter for Mac worked as advertised, and we didn't encounter any problems in testing. We liked the ability to create a long list of files to convert by searching folders and then trigger the conversion while we went off to do other things. While there are other apps available that provide more file format support, Switch Audio Converter for Mac has all the most commonly used formats, and we liked it.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Switch Audio Converter 4.30.Switch Audio Converter - Convert audio files into MP3, AIFF, or WAV format - Download Video Previews:
From NCH Software:
Switch is a sound file converter for Mac. It can convert audio files from many sources into MP3, AIFF, or WAV format. Switch Converter is very easy to use. Just add the files you want to convert to the list, select the format you want to use, and then click the convert button. Features: Automatically normalize audio while converting. Access online database to add song information as you convert. Import multiple file formats at the same time and convert to one output format. Ability to play tracks prior to conversion. Import video files and extract audio (AVI, MOV, MPEG) options. MP3 encoder supports constant or variable bit rates from 8 to 320kbps with optional error correction and stereo modes. WAV encoder supports sample rates between 6,000 and 196,000Hz in PCM as well as a number of other audio codecs. It allows up to 32,000 files to be converted in one batch.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Get flexible audio and video playback with access to smart orga...
- Burn all your photos, videos, music, and data to CDs, DVDs, and...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Rip audio CDs, convert audio, burn and copy CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray ...
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 62 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"unable to use this version.my Mac OS is 10.4 pre intel"
Version: Switch Audio Converter 4.30
I was able to select quality control and process batch list of songs, walk away and the appropriate sound files were all in good order and where they belonged
Just that sometimes the program would create an image of sound file and not truly convert the wave or aiff to MP3. so , sound file was on a few Kb instead of 3- 10 MB
I was unable to use this version of software as my Mac OS is 10.4 pre intel.. I have enjoyed the use and ease of SWITCH since 2009. I had asmile as to how quickly the conversion happened.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content