CNET Editors' review
Swift Publisher is a low-cost desktop publishing program that's perfect for graphic-design neophytes who need to produce simple documents such as posters, letterhead, cards, and fliers.
Fitting for a beginner-friendly app, Swift Publisher launches with an assistant that gives you access to more than 100 different templates, in categories that include brochures, catalogs, and newsletters, with handy thumbnail previews that let you browse through your options. Once you're into a new document, Swift Publisher gives you plenty of easy editing options, from altering text to changing backgrounds and inserting photos (either your own, or using a built-in library of more than 40,000 images). As you get more proficient, you can also use features that you'll usually find only in more-advanced apps, such as layers, master pages, and fairly detailed text and photo manipulation.
Swift Publisher certainly has its limitations (for example, you can't export to HTML, just to TIFF, JPEG, EPS, and PDF), but for a basic layout program, it can help you get the job done.
From BeLight Software:
Application that makes desktop publishing a breeze. You will easily designing and printing colorful flyers, newsletters, brochures, letterheads and more. Swift Publisher not only provides you with a great choice of professionally-made designs and clipart images, but also makes advanced publishing capabilities intuitive to use. 24,000 high quality images, 130 designs and 100 unique masks will help you to layout high-impact documents.
- Flow text from column to column or wrap text around the object in real time.
- Adjustable layout guides are used for precise object placement.
- Support for multipage documents with the ability to rotate each page on a fly.
- Background and Foreground layers help to create and edit advanced designs.
- Control transparency, tint images with colors, mask, crop, tile and rotate them.
- iPhoto integration.
- Export your documents to PDF, TIFF and JPEG.
- Import JPEG, PDF, EPS, GIF, PNG, TIFF images.
What's new in this version:
- OS X 10.7 Lion is now supported;
- Image search in the Internet has been fixed.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great Publishing Program"
Version: Swift Publisher 2.3.7
Very flexible, inexpensive, I love it for ads etc. Great for a small business that does not want to spend hundreds on outrageously expensive desktop publishing software.
None unless you need all the bells and whistles.
Great deal for flexible desktop publishing.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content