CNET Editors' review
Though the sheer number of icons and menu items may initially overwhelm newbies, this photo editor's handsome interface is convenient for editing several photos at once. StudioLine Photo Basic applies your operations immediately to any number of images.
After you're done editing, you can lock the changes and apply them to other photos later. The program maintains the original image in an archive and records any adjustments or enhancements. Keeping the original safe frees you to resize, crop, perform color correction, and visually balance image quality and size. For easy image sharing, you can create attachments, optimize them for e-mail, and pass them to mail applications. You also can publish your images as a Web gallery.
All in all, StudioLine Photo Basic seems like a worthy pick for both newbie Web designers and more experienced photographers.
From H&M Systems Software:
StudioLine Photo Basic is user friendly, powerful and versatile solution for any photo enthusiast. Organize your digital images in albums and folders. Windows, IPTC, Exif and any number of user tags can be edited and are fully searchable. 30 professional image tools are built-in to improve exposure problems, red-eye effects, and color tones. Photos can be printed, emailed, viewed as on-screen slide shows or uploaded as web galleries. Print projects create calendars, cards and other designs. CD/DVD backup is included.
Version 3.5.2 features enhanced support for movie clips and adds a navigator for Web galleries and print projects.
What's new in this version:
- New Customizable User Interface
- XML Format for Exchanging Data with Other Applications
- Backup Reminders
- Expanded Database Search by Time Spans
- Convenient Search and Replace
- Special Export and Email Filters
- Web-Gallery Design Wizard
- Loading and Managing Media Files
- Transition Effects for Slide Shows
- Online Order for Prints and Gift Items
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 63 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: StudioLine Photo Basic 3.5.2
Nice looking, nice functionality, start a little faster than gimp
Need a free online registration.
Being hard to learn at beginning.
Consider the size, I'd rather like install some small programs like paintstar 2.70/artweaver for image editing, and faststone/xnview together for image viewing.
For a 50M file, does it do better than the paintshop pro 7?
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content