CNET Editors' reviewAlthough its scanning engine could certainly use some work, this antispyware app has an effective real-time shield and a fine set of features. It's convenient that SpyWall Anti-Spyware integrates directly into Internet Explorer, but some users might wish for an option to disable the toolbar during the installation process. As a real-time shield, SpyWall Anti-Spyware was almost too reliable at times. Though it prevented almost all malware and Browser Helper Objects from sneaking onto our test PC, it often blocked harmless sites. Therefore, you may spend a bit of time configuring the application to allow certain URLs you frequently visit. We did find a number of helpful perks underneath this app's hood, including a scheduler, automatic definitions updates, logging, and a start-up manager. Unfortunately, the spyware scanner was a bit more disappointing, as it left behind a number of adware components we installed for testing purposes. The one-week trial period also is shorter than we ideally like to see. Savvier users might find this utility useful for its real-time protection and other extras, so long as they don't rely on it as their sole antimalware solution.
Browse Web securely without ever worrying about hacking and spyware and keep your system free of resource-sucking spyware or adware. SpyWall is an antispyware solution with Internet Explorer sandbox and that blocks spyware from even downloading on your PC. Other antispyware software programs do not provide such a sandbox feature. The multilayer defense strategy used by SpyWall controls the Web browser behavior to keep spyware out, blocks phishing attacks, stops execution of bad ActiveX, and performs periodic scans for spyware. In an enterprise environment, the SpyWall client policies and software can be controlled from a central location.
Version 18.104.22.168 adds more definitions and extends trial period.
What's new in this version:
- adds more definitions and extends trial period.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Create disposable email addresses, phone numbers, and credit ca...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 91 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Too much interference with innocent processes."
Version: SpyWall Anti-Spyware 22.214.171.124
Didn't keep it for long because of constant interference with installations -- I try new software all the time, and never had problems until I installed this one. Spyware Doctor and Spy Sweeper kept me well protected before.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content