CNET Editors' reviewAlthough its scanning engine could certainly use some work, this antispyware app has an effective real-time shield and a fine set of features. It's convenient that SpyWall Anti-Spyware integrates directly into Internet Explorer, but some users might wish for an option to disable the toolbar during the installation process. As a real-time shield, SpyWall Anti-Spyware was almost too reliable at times. Though it prevented almost all malware and Browser Helper Objects from sneaking onto our test PC, it often blocked harmless sites. Therefore, you may spend a bit of time configuring the application to allow certain URLs you frequently visit. We did find a number of helpful perks underneath this app's hood, including a scheduler, automatic definitions updates, logging, and a start-up manager. Unfortunately, the spyware scanner was a bit more disappointing, as it left behind a number of adware components we installed for testing purposes. The one-week trial period also is shorter than we ideally like to see. Savvier users might find this utility useful for its real-time protection and other extras, so long as they don't rely on it as their sole antimalware solution.
Browse Web securely without ever worrying about hacking and spyware and keep your system free of resource-sucking spyware or adware. SpyWall is an antispyware solution with Internet Explorer sandbox and that blocks spyware from even downloading on your PC. Other antispyware software programs do not provide such a sandbox feature. The multilayer defense strategy used by SpyWall controls the Web browser behavior to keep spyware out, blocks phishing attacks, stops execution of bad ActiveX, and performs periodic scans for spyware. In an enterprise environment, the SpyWall client policies and software can be controlled from a central location.
Version 220.127.116.11 adds more definitions and extends trial period.
What's new in this version:
- adds more definitions and extends trial period.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Guard your privacy and protect your computer with comprehensive...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Combine online and offline malware defense and powerful data le...
- Keep your system safe from the latest threats.
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Get full antimalware protection in a silent, non-intrusive way ...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 91 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Too much interference with innocent processes."
Version: SpyWall Anti-Spyware 18.104.22.168
Didn't keep it for long because of constant interference with installations -- I try new software all the time, and never had problems until I installed this one. Spyware Doctor and Spy Sweeper kept me well protected before.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content