Spelling Depot is the student and educator's one-stop solution for the practice, assessment, and ultimate mastery of spelling lists. Word lists can be generated within the program or imported from a word processor document. Each word can, optionally, include the word's definition. Word lists can be of any length.
During testing, the word and, optionally, definition, are read to the student by a user-selectable computer voice. After taking a spelling test within the program, any words missed by the student are added to the student's Personal Word Bank. This Word Bank includes words from all lists on which the student has tested. The student can then re-take these words at any time. Once spelled correctly, the word is automatically removed from the Bank.
The teacher or parent can see scores by class or individual for each spelling test. Additional analysis tools are available by test or by class. Access to the class lists and tests can be password protected by the administrator.
In addition to the basic spelling module, Spelling Depot contains 3 word games which are played using the words from the spelling lists. These games: Word Burst, Unscramble, and Word Find are great ways to have fun while learning and practicing the spelling lists.
This program includes optional sounds and colorful backdrops. Online printable help is available from the Help Menu after launching the program. The full-featured demo runs for 30 days while the user evaluates the usefulness of the program. Personal License: $19.95. Site License: $119.95.
Registration documents included with the program.
What's new in this version:
- Added ability to record the teacher's voice reading the word (and definition).
- Moved stored data out of the application folder so Leopard and Vista would not produce permission errors.
- Improved the Help Screen
- Users now have the option of entering the admin password only once per session.
- Admins can now more easily delete a student's Word Bank.
- Improved the configuration of the Menu Bars
- Replaced the Word Burst game with a Wor... See all new features »