From JAM Software:
SpamAssassin is a mail filter which attempts to identify spam using a variety of mechanisms including text analysis, Bayesian filtering, DNS blocklists, and collaborative filtering databases.
SpamAssassin is a project of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF). SpamAssassin was adapted for Windows by JAM Software. In combination with a MTA (e.g. Hamster or MS Exchange) it's a very powerful anti-spam solution.
The freeware contains, beside several modules, the following SpamAssassin components as
executable files for Windows (.exe):
- spamassassin.exe (mail filter)
- spamd.exe (daemonized version of SpamAssassin)
- WinSpamC.exe (client for spamd)
- sa-update.exe (SpamAssassin rule updates)
- sa-learn.exe (trains bayes filter with spam/ham mail).
What's new in this version:
* "taint mode" disabled for the executable files
* Under certain conditions the scan date mentioned in the spam report was wrong
* Version number now corresponds to the version number of the Apache SpamAssassin project
* A few minor fixes have been incorporated.