CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
Snoring U for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch was developed to help people who snore, as well as their spouses. This app may not help you stop snoring completely, but it uses a radical new approach to help stop individual snoring episodes. SU also helps you learn how often and how loudly you snore by recording your sleep sessions to review when you wake up. Snoring U (SU) was developed under the guidance of Dr. Naveh Tov, MD, PhD. Dr Tov is an Israeli physician specializing in internal pulmonary and sleep medicine. While you're sleeping, Snoring U remains alert, even when your device goes into sleep mode. It monitors your sleep session, listening for signs of snoring. What Snoring U does when it hears you snore depends on the preferences you selected when you set SU up for the night. Snoring U can deliver a small "nudge" to try to gently stop you from snoring. A nudge is a vibration (on iPhone) or a sound that you selected in advance, or both. You can even record your own sounds to use as nudges. On the settings screen you can also adjust the volume of the sound and the maximum number of times SU will nudge you with each snoring event. If you don't want a nudge, SU will simply record the sound and the data to be viewed and if you want to be listened to later. When you awake in the morning, the Summary screen shows you how long you slept, how often you snored during the night, how loud your snoring was, and how many nudges you received. If you tap the "See Graph" button you'll see all of this and more, on an easy to read, zoom-able graph and you'll be able to choose the exact places you want to listen to. Features of Snoring U include: Supports iOS 4 Records and plays sounds Sophisticated algorithm to "nudge" a snorer Nudges to help you stop snoring Email from app Continues to work when device is in sleep mode History feature lets you review several sleep sessions Ability to add user notes to the sleep session Intelligent graph allow quick zooming, panning and listening to the sleep session Works with iPod Touch with microphone installed Snoring U does not cure sleep disorders and may not help you quit snoring; but it can help with individual occurrences of snoring. More important are the diagnostic benefits of SU. The history feature keeps track of statistics for all previous sleep sessions. If you're under the care of a physician for a sleep disorder, you can email the doctor all of your stats without leaving the app. Your doctor can see at a glance just how often you snore, and whether the nudges are helpful, as well as monitoring the progress over time. The more information your doctor has, the better your chances of success with treatment. If you use Snoring U, your spouse will thank you! If you're married or you share a bed, SU can nudge you and get you to roll over and stop snoring before you wake your significant other. Download SU now because iPhone monitoring may improve your sleep, and the sleep of everyone around you. >>> Watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZQWx4amCjs >>> On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SnoringU Coming up in the next version: Gradually increasing volume of sound clip or length of vibration if a nudge does not appear to help. Add an optional questionnaire at the end of each sleep session Improved statistics for the session Add cumulative statistics and compare sleep sessions Add option to select improved audio quality and sensitivity at the expense of storage space Add ability to select audio source input and output Many other small improvements!
What's new in this version: * Added ability to delete sound file and keep all other data (to save space on the device)* Added 2 optional questions on the quality of sleep in the "Summary Screen"* Added support for Korean* Minor bug fixesIn Version 4.1:* Added support to Chinese* Added support for better quality recording * Added 6 themes to choose from * Added information about the sleep session size * Fixed bugs in the notes In Version 4.0: * Add notes: Ability to add/edit user notes to summary screen and to events. * Eas... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Create, print and organize your recipes using these printable r...
- Take control of your recipes.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Manage and organize your recipes into cookbooks.
- Organize and create your own personalized cookbook.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Calculate your weight watchers points.
- Organize, e-mail, and print your recipes.
- Organize and share your recipes with this comprehensive databas...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content