SnackAmp is a multi-platform music player with common music player abilities as well as multi-user support and a powerful auto-play list feature. SnackAmp was specifically designed to handle very large music collections without sacrificing memory or speed. It allows you to catalog your media folders and removable media (CDs etc) for fast searching and access, edit ID3 tags, rename and move files and more. SnackAmp works in network environments, even sharing music and play lists of files. It also offers a mini-view and a browser play control, a built-in server for on-line help, remote access and more.
Version 3.1.2 fixes a bug when opening existing playlists, adds an experimental socket API, simplifies user defaults, and provides several color and sorting schemes.
What's new in this version: Version 3.1.3 included ability to embed the current folder image into the id3tag,ability to quickly adjust mp3 auto-leveling using mp3gain and computes histogram, peak and dynamic range or tracks during leveling.
More Products to Consider
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Read, view, and play images with various features.
- Get a package of 60+ mini applications (scripts) which control ...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play MP3, OGG, WAVE, AIFF, AU formats with Java player.
- MSHTML security update.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"This was great until it crapped out."
Version: SnackAmp 3.12
Easy to use, interface is reasonably simple. You can change whole folders and it's really made it easy for my anal retentive self to import mp3's into I-tunes with uniform names, albums, etc. Good stuff Maynard.
When re-tagging more than one song it would be nice for it to renumber tracks sequentially. Sadly, program crashed saying 'can't read 'snackAmpSettings(mediaDirs)" and other errors even after removel and a clean install.
When the error is fixed I'll give it 5 stars. I may be my PC, but I haven't added any software other than this in 3 or 4 months.
"Good player, i won't to receive his in ports Freebsd"
Version: SnackAmp 3.12
Many thanks for realization of automatic definition of the coding
Are not present hot keys and tray
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: