CNET Editors' review
Sending regular, serial e-mail to multiple recipients can be a daunting task, even for those who can make Outlook do everything but sit up and beg. Whether you use Microsoft's well-known client or another e-mail program, JAM Software's SmartSerialMail can take the sting out of serial mailings. You can configure it to send messages via multiple Internet connections simultaneously. It supports HTML as well as plain text messages, and you can set it to display only the individual recipient's name, like typical e-mail software. Where it really shines is in helping you configure all the complex settings and exceptions that guarantee that only those recipients you choose get only those messages you want them to and no others.
SmartSerialMail has an attractive, efficient interface resembling a simplified e-mail client; just File and Help menus, navigation buttons, and controls to collect bounces, subscriptions, and unsubscriptions in Microsoft Outlook and other e-mail clients. Most of the action takes place in the main window, which displays the program's six basic steps as controlled by left-hand navigation buttons. SmartSerialMail breaks the complex process of configuring multiple mailings into easy, wizard-like steps: Sender, Recipients, Content, Preview, Send Mail, and Returns. An additional button accesses e-mail templates that simplify customizing and composing messages for a variety of uses and recipients.
The most recent update of the fully functional SmartSerialMail works in Windows 7 and is now free to try for 30 days instead of 21. It costs $57.95 for a single-user license; multiuser licenses are also available.
From JAM Software:
SmartSerialMail allows you to send mails automatically to a large number of recipients. Mails can be sent using multiple connections simultaneously, which allows an optimal usage of your internet connection. Each mail is sent individually to its recipient, so that only one name appears in the To: section of the mail header. Import your recipients lists from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel or ASCII Files. SmartSerialMail can directly connect to almost all kinds of databases. SmartSerialMail supports plain text and html email. All mail and recipient groups can be saved in the SmartSerialMail database, which allows easy and effective working with a large number of recipients. The new user interface is easy to use and assists you in the necessary steps in sending serial mails. The program works with Windows XP/Vista/7. Try our fully functional 30-day free trial and see for yourself!
What's new in this version: * 53 sample design templates are included * external HTML editor can now be used * placeholder syntax has been improved * connection error occurring with "POP before SMTP" resolved * minor improvements
More Products to Consider
- Send personalized bulk mails quickly with ease.
- Send personal bulk e-mails, reply to group e-mail and create Ou...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Send e-mails to multiple recipients and add various attachments...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Send bulk e-mail messages to multiple distribution lists.
- Send bulk Email messages from your PC.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Verify e-mail addresses, save valid and invalid results as sepa...
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Receive audio and visual notification when you get new e-mail.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Send personalized email newsletters to contacts in your mailing...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Plan, run, and automate e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Create and send HTML e-mail newsletters.
- Send bulk e-mail with HTML or Flash movies embedded in the mess...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great Software, great support"
Version: SmartSerialMail 6.0.3
- allows to set up different profiles
- sending options help users to circumvent mailing restrictions imposed by providers
- easy to set up and use
- great import functionalities
- internal database stores e-mail adresses and customer info
- can be used as a customer relationship management system (offers blacklists, tracking; manages subscriptions, unsubscribes, bounced mails)
- enables you to work with different installations at the same time
- great tech support
- template section could be larger
- basic knowledge of HTML helps if you want to create more elaborate mailings (shouldn't be a big problem, though)
I tried out SmartSerialMail for our monthly newsletter a while ago (used the trial version) and it won me over in a heartbeat. We now use it for all our e-mail communication.
I have used several online mailers before, but I've never been a huge fan of storing all our customer's data online (neither's my boss). In addition, many providers limit the number of e-mails you are allowed to send out and make you pay through the nose to raise the number.
SmartSerialMail runs locally and does not impose any limits. It even helps you cicumvent those an e-mail provider may set (scheduled sending options and interval sending).
There's a whole range of functions helping you to manage your customers, import function works great for different formats. The usual range of placeholders is offered, but we especially liked the option to attach different documents to the same newsletter. We actually use it as a CRM system now (beats our homegrown solution).
Since we got the Enterprise Edition, my team is able to work simultaneously, also a big plus.
To set up your own templates you should know some HTML, though. However, this grants you total freedom in designing your e-mails (something many drag-and-drop editors cannot).
An added bonus: the tech support is friendly and competent (NOT a given).
"Functional sftwr that's easy to install & easier to use"
Version: SmartSerialMail 4.6.1
Excellent import of email addresses from a variety of sources- excel, word, and address books. Its timed output overcomes emal reciever blocks by sending a specified number of emails within a defined time span. Handles undelivered and unscubscribed
Weak template section.
This software did exactly what I needed to avoid potential email restrictions (non-reception and blacklistings) at a number of reciever sites that do not let you send more than a few emails to their domain at a time.
It has a great importing capability which worked flawlessly and also caught my duplicates and mis-formed addresses. Once set-up, which only took a minute or two, it was quite intuitive to use and I was sending emails to my specific lists quickly and accurately. The preview and advanced send function that allowed me to email a sample to a specified address was a nice touch enableing better quality control.