CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page. You can download the application in the Android Market from your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
In Slacker Radio, curated stations that are organized by musical genre meet algorithmically generated playlists based on artists you pick (a la Pandora). As with Slacker Radio on other mobile platforms, the Android app lets you stream music from preprogrammed genres and stations, or from stations you set up yourself. As you listen, you can view album art and bios, block a song or vote it a favorite, and skip ahead (limited for free users). If you like what you hear, you can share a link to that station on SlackerRadio.com via e-mail, text message, or Twitter.
Over the years, Slacker has evolved into more than a bunch of simple, programmed radio stations. Now, the streaming service offers talk radio, live sports broadcasts (via ESPN), and even a host of stations curated by some high-profile recording artists.
While Slacker's free service is certainly powerful, its paid accounts offer quite a bit more functionality. The middle tier, Slacker Radio Plus, kills the ads, gives you unlimited song skips, and lets you cache large portions of stations. Meanwhile, Slacker Premium Radio offers an ultimate listening experience, as it adds on-demand listening similar to Spotify. This combination of on-demand listening, curated stations, and algorithm-programmed radio makes for a uniquely rich listening experience.
The widget, which you install by giving the home screen a long press and selecting Slacker Radio from the Widgets list, is embedded with pause, skip, favorite, and blocking controls.
With Slacker Radio for Android listen to free personalized radio on your Android smartphone. With millions of songs from thousands of artists, Slacker Radio is the best way to discover new artists and hear your favorite songs. Listen for free to over 100 expert-programmed radio stations from every genre or create your own custom stations.
What's new in this version: -Support for ABC Lifestyle stations
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Compress video files to transmit them fast over computer networ...
- Convert MP4 files to MP3 format.
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content