Simply Safe Backup has been written as a replacement for other Windows backup products including the one that comes with Windows for the following reasons:
- Other backup products do not offer you strong encryption techniques to keep your data protected, only a password and compression.
- If you choose to write your backup to a hard disc, you cannot split the data files up so you can burn them or move them later.
- You cannot send your backup to a remote server. Simply Safe Backup will let you specify an FTP server to send your backup to. It will send each volume of your backup, as it completes that volume, saving you disk space, so you do not have to double the amount of disk space needed during the backup.
- Backup to fully qualified UNC path names.
- The restore process is friendlier than other products. The restore process has been optimized for selective restores so it can go to specific files quickly, and find them, and restore them.
- You cannot write a single backup job to backup unique data. With other backup programs you can do incremental backups and such, but this program will allow you to specify a window of time. For example, you can say, Backup all files changed and modified in the last 72 hours, or 2 weeks, or 1 day, or 12 hours. You can have a continual window of backup.
- Also, you can tell it to append the date and time to the file name, so you never write over the same backup.