From Simplified Club:
Simple Club is a bridge card game program primarily designed to help teach two bidding systems: the Simplified Club system, a modification of the Schenken Club system as described in the book "Better Bidding in 15 Minutes," and the American Contract Bridge League's Standard American Yellow Card system. You pick the bidding system and bid the South hand with the computer bidding the other three hands. While you are learning, you can ask the computer for a brief explanation of what its bids mean and why it made them. If you are not sure of the bid to make, you can ask the computer what bid it would make in your situation and it will tell you along with an explanation of what the bid would mean.
You can start out with basic Standard American bidding and add the more advanced conventions as you learn: Jacoby Transfers, Jocoby No Trump, Fourth Suit Forcing and Lebensohl over a reverse. If you are only interested in offensive bidding, you can have the computer give you and your partner the best hands on every deal. Once you have finished bidding a hand, you can play it against the computer. There are a number of options, including playing each hand as declarer or playing double dummy. Your score against the computer can be calculated using rubber bridge, Chicago or duplicate scoring.
What's new in this version: Version 2.7.3 adds the Roman Keycard Blackwood convention and makes a few changes to the UI.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Monitor your computer performance.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Scan and store all your important papers securely in one place.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Detect and remove W32/Ngrbot Worm and its variants.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Protect, back up, and restore your computer system.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: