What is ShadowIRC? ShadowIRC is a new MacOS IRC client, written specifically with speed and extensibility in mind. ShadowIRC is extensible. How? Can I use my Ircle scripts? ShadowIRC is extensible with C-coded plugins, compiled with CodeWarrior. This makes ShadowIRC plugins much faster and much more flexible than Ircle's AppleScript-based scripts. It also has the side-effect of requiring knowledge of C and a copy of CodeWarrior to write plugins. ShadowIRC plugins are fundamentally different from Ircle scripts, and are NOT compatible. You can't use Ircle scripts in ShadowIRC, and you can't use ShadowIRC plugins with Ircle. For more information about available plugins, go to the plugins page. What can plugins do? Almost anything you want. The API is extremely flexible, and by release, will allow a programmer to do anything they want, within reason. The side effect of this flexibility is that, just like with Ircle scripts, backdoors can be coded into a plugin. I _WILL NOT_ support plugin authors who write plugins with malicious backdoors.
What's new in this version:
- Connection Actions prefs pane now changes when you select different connections.
- Worked around a compiler bug causing crashes drawing icon-based widgets in messagewindows.
- Fixed a bug when selecting the default file name for saving window text to a file.The generated name was being replaced accidentally by the window name, which couldcontain colons.
- Fixed displaying the topic length/maximum length in the topic window. (Hash tablewasn't searching correctly.)
- /broadca... See all new features »