For a number of reasons, people may want to create videos of their computer's screen activity. Screen Movie Recorder for Mac performs this function poorly, if at all.
Available as a free trial, the program does not list any restrictions or limits on the use of the demo version, but also does not show the full program price. Instead, upon starting the Screen Movie Recorder, a registration pop-up box appears and prompts you to go to an outside Web site for a full version registration code. The program was small in size and easy to download and install. The interface is nonexistent in that there isn't one outside of the drop-down tabs at the top of the screen. As indicated in the sparse instructions, a menu selection starts the recording. After this is selected, you can designate which part of the screen is to be turned into a video. Unfortunately, this is where the program's functionality ended. After we selected the start button and chose the screen size, it no longer functioned. No stop button appeared and we were forced to quit the entire application from the bottom menu.
Despite being a free demo version, Screen Movie Recorder for Mac fails to perform even its limited function. People seeking to record their computer screen should look elsewhere.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Screen Movie Recorder for Mac 4.1.
You want to record movies of what happens on your screen in a simple click? You want to be able to record any selected region of your screen? You want to record them as QuickTime movies to replay them with QuickTime Player on Macintosh and Windows?
Then Screen Movie Recorder is what you need!
Screen Movie Recorder allows you to record in a QuickTime movie what happens on your screen.
- It records in a QuickTime movie what happens on your screen.
- You can set the number of frames per second of the record.
- You can select the region to record and make it fixed or follow the mouse.
- You can show or hide the mouse.
- It appears in the right side of the menu bar.
- It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use.
- It is available in Basque, Catalan, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish and many other languages.
Read the whole documentation for more details...
What's new in this version:
- Minor bugs have been corrected.
- A Hungarian localization has been released.
- Thank you to Nagy Balazs for his translation from English to Hungarian.