CNET Editors' review
Store your login data with this time-saving software, though one of its operational modes isn't as secure as you may like. SSO Plus' interface is straightforward and resembles Explorer's easy-to-use layout. During installation you can opt for active mode or passive mode.
Active mode automatically saves and fills in usernames and passwords when you enter them on a site. Passive mode simply records the username and password. With either mode, SSO Plus remembers the Web sites visited and provides quick access to stored sites via the tray icon, a nice time-saving feature. While SSO Plus is password-protected, you won't want to walk away from your system with it running in active mode. Passersby will have full access to your frequented sites via the tray icon and your login information will fill in once the site is launched.
Unlike some applications in this category, you won't be able to create and manage record sets for credit cards and other sensitive information. All in all, this free application is great for active users wanting to save time, though you'll want to keep its security breach in mind when using it.
From PassGo Technologies:
With so many applications and Web sites requiring you to identify yourself, it can become difficult to remember all of their passwords. Now you no longer have to. SSO Plus learns the logon details for each program you run, as you run it. When you next start the program, SSO Plus will automatically enter the required logon details for you. The process of learning the passwords is fully automatic, and secure. You retain control of which programs login details SSO Plus remembers. This means your application and Internet passwords no longer need to be written down, and can remain secure. All information learned by SSO Plus is stored using strong encryption.
Version 184.108.40.206 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Really slick. Read the Read-Me about master password!"
Version: SSO Plus 220.127.116.11
It is running in the back ground and captures logon info automatically.
Works for local apps as well as websites.
Well, you need to remember its running, otherwise anyone who sits down at your computer has access to all your passwords. Don't forget to STOP IT.
It automatically sets the initial password to your Windows logon password. It was frustrating trying to figure that out, but now you know.
"Very nice except no USB drive support"
Version: SSO Plus 18.104.22.168
This program is excellent if you only have one computer. Unlike Roboform, it is easy to set this program up to automatically fill in forms without interaction and especially without annoying toolbars or keyboard shortcuts. It also runs as a service which is nice. It isn't cluttered up wtih unnecessary features like address books. It handles multiple identies well, as it prompts you to select which user name you want to use when there is more than one stored. Oh, and did I mention, it's free?
It has trouble with mutli-step logins such as those on bank websites. It also doesn't work at all on some websites and there's no way to force it to store a login. The replace password function doesn't always work well - sometimes it stores both entries even when you tell it to replace. All of that I can deal with but the dealbreaker is the fact that you can't install it on a USB drive. They don't offer a portable version at all, so unfortunately I will have to use Roboform for now.
"Great Program, BUT....."
Version: SSO Plus 22.214.171.124
The program was excellent and very useful for a couple of days. Very easy to use and very convenient.
Then on the third day IE 7 froze and "had to shut down" totally knocking out IE 7 because of an IE ERROR: NTDLL.Dll error. The program installs three ActiveX controls. When I disabled the three controls, IE began to work and the dll error went away. I uninstalled the program. Too bad.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content