SMTPit Pro is a next generation email plug-in for FileMaker Pro 7 and greater. SMTPit Pro is built from the ground up taking advantage of years of plug-in development knowledge and the latest FileMaker plug-in API.
SMTPit Pro provides a vast array of email options. You can send simple text based messages or you can send complex HTML messages. You can send a single message or an entire mail out. Its functionality is flexible enough to cover many email tasks.
SMTPit Pro makes customizing your email messages a snap. It has special header and footer functionality to aid with email greetings and signatures. You can also use merge fields to grab information from your current record. Merge field data can be used in the subject, header, body, and footer.
You can create email messages in a variety of ways. You can simply refer to a field in a table, or you can build a message from several sources including fields, portals, and even container fields. You can convert styled text in a field to html. You can even send a graphic copy of your layout by using Preview mode and sending it as an inline HTML image.
SMTPit Pro also includes two email dialog windows allowing you to create an emailing solution with very little overhead. The email windows look and act similar to a normal email client, however, they are enriched with features relating to FileMaker. For example, you can use a value list or paragraph delimited text to create an address book for the To, CC, and BCC fields. You can use merge fields in the subject and body of the message. You can also use container fields to hold attachment files, or you can use a file dialog to select them.
With the advent of FileMaker 7 and greater, it is now possible to use container fields to store attachments. This makes for a more natural integration between email and FileMaker. It also lets you use files that may already be in your existing database.
As with all of our email plug-ins, you do not need an additional email client in order to send email with SMTPit Pro. Once the plug-in is installed and optionally configured, you are ready to start sending messages.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed an issue with encoding attachment names that contained non-ASCII characters.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where selecting items in the contextual menus in the email dialogs wasn't working.
- Fixed an issue with accented characters in the Computer Name on Windows.
- Other minor updates and fixes imported from other CNS Plug-ins.
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Dialog based Filemaker email plugin.
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Multilingual email client.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Multilingual email client.
- Manage business database applications.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.
- Send & receive email.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.