You'll find that the features are well thought out and carefully implemented to bring you the very best running experience on the iPhone.
It motivates you by providing spoken feedback during your exercise. The feedback includes distance, time, kilocalories burned, speed, pace and estimated time/distance at goal.
The speech is mixed with music from your own iTunes library.
When you feel tired and need an extra boost, just double tap the screen and your chosen Boost Song will start playing. The playlist will resume after the Boost Song ends.
- Customizable workouts (set distance or time goal or set up an interval workout)
- Choose a playlist and 'Boost Song' for each workout or default ones.
- Spoken feedback during exercise (distance, time, halfway point, estimated distance/time, speed, pace, energy consumption)
- Run history with a map display to review the route taken and run statistics
- Both metric and U.S. units supported.
- Tweet your runs automatically
- Active development and excellent support ensures your Runner experience keeps getting better and better with new features and streamlined operation.
Runner uses GPS for tracking the distance, so it is only compatible with iPhone models starting from the 2nd generation (3G and 3GS at the moment).
See the Runner website for FAQ:s and further information.
- You need to EITHER have music playing in the background OR leave your iPhone unlocked. Otherwise Runner will not get GPS information and will not function correctly.
If you are having problems with Runner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting a negative review.
What's new in this version:
- The ability to add notes to your runs
- Retrieves weather information automatically
- New spoken notifications: average speed/pace, leg speed/pace
- Revised map view with advanced analysis tools
- Supports multiple users with individual settings and statistics