From Brana Bujenovic:
Rooster is a powerful and flexible RSS feeds reader for Windows. It allows us to: simultaneously download articles for multiple feeds; schedule general checks and/or checks per feed basis; post the articles; edit and store variety of download conditionals; manage (display/move/delete/flag) articles in the extreme flexible way; perform action on articles (Save them as files, print, transfer, e-mail, flag, set status and much more); customize our news center with the use of another powerful tool - filters; store articles for off-line reading; manage (name/edit/create/delete/store) news boxes for feeds; use Newsboard to preview feeds and read articles online; store feeds collections; import/export feed subscriptions; quickly find the articles; filter articles on keywords and/or phrases.
What's new in this version: Release 4.6.2 includes Boxes/Feeds panes splitter, subscriptions-list auto-check indicators and additional "published ago" indicators. Now it's possible to set articles off/online status from newsbox summaries.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Get a full featured Google Reader desktop client, feed and rss ...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Read and manage RSS/ATOM feeds and content.
- View Flash multimedia content through your browser.
- Search, download, and view RSS feeds from Web sites.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Find and subscribe to new RSS feeds.
- Browse the Web with speed and an elegant interface.
- Take your bookmarks, surf internet, and experience the private ...
- Receive RSS and Atom news in your Outlook folders.
- Navigate the Web with HTTPS browser that encrypts browsing sess...
- Get the latest news on your desktop.
- Surf the Web with browser with automatic form filler, popup blo...
- Get up to date news with this news aggregator.
- Download video from Metacafe, Vimeo, Facebok, and other sites v...
- Manage RSS and Atom feeds.
- Flash Player preview version with new video hardware accelerati...
- Read news and view free blogs from people throughout the world.
- Read news feeds with Live Bookmarks support.
- View RSS feeds of the latest posts on Kenton-News.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Rooster 2.1 is the best RSS and feeds aggregator program to date"
Version: Rooster Feeds Agent 2.1
When Rooster version 1.0.9 was released in April this year, I said that it was an excellent RSS and Atom Feeds aggregator and that everyone should try it; I now go further and say with the release of version 2.1, that Rooster is, without question, definitely the best of its class.
Behind Rooster's beguilingly simple and easy to use interface is a powerful fully featured program with more features and options than most users would ever need in a feeds aggregator; yet, the program is fast, reliable and very flexible. Moreover, all this facility comes in a package that's a little over a megabyte in size, so there's not a trace of bloatware here. What we have with version 2.1 is highly polished well-written program.
In this brief review it is not possible to go into the specific details of Rooster's many different functions except to say that it has just about every feature found in other feeds software and that these are highly configurable. Also, in operation I found Rooster to be almost bulletproof and extremely reliable. During my testing, I configured it in many different and torturous ways but it continued to work in a predictable and reliable manner without faltering once.
As with other software from Brana Bujenovic that I've tried over the past few years, one has come to expect top quality Rolls-Royce code, and Rooster 2.1 is no exception; definitely it's his best product to date. I'd highly recommended that you 'feeds' aficionados try it at your first opportunity.
"Rooster is an excellent RSS and Atom Feeds aggregator, you ought to try it."
Version: Rooster Feeds Agent 1.1
Rooster is simplicity; it's uncluttered and works well even though it's still early days for the product. Users should give it a good tryout as other products from Brana Bujenovic have excellent form. From its clean style and reliable operation it's easy to tell that Rooster is out of the same mould as the other top products from this developer. I can only recommend that you try it.
(I've now been using Bujenovic's other well known products (Delete Duplicates for Eudora Email and Outlook etc.) for quite some time and I find them the best of kind on the block--bar none! They're excellent utilities.)
Rooster has all the necessary features and attributes to be a comprehensive News Reader/RSS and ATOM Feeds aggregator. There are many ways to configure and categorise your feeds in orderly ways to suit your needs and you can easily reconfigure them later if you change your mind. The on-line connection to Internet sites works perfectly, it's fast and works transparently without bothering you.
(BTW, from my experience with his other products, Bujenovic quickly cuts to the chase when it comes to features--all essentials are there, well implemented and reliable. Rooster is no exception. His software is not the prettiest software in the world but the stuff works very well. Moreover, I've found that he fixes things quickly if there are issues, thus support is excellent. Having watched this developer over many versions of some of his other products, I reckon he is one of those pernickety guys who's forever tweaking and improving his code, especially its core aspects. A while ago I had some issues with his Delete Duplicates working with Eudora which actually turned out to be bugs in Eudora yet Bujenovic somehow figured a workaround to make the plug-in work despite Eudora's faults. This he did simultaneously whilst implementing new features.)
If Rooster's development follows the form of his other products then it won't be long before we see it evolve into a really substantive product.
Not many criticisms, but if I had to pick one then it would probably be that the user interface could perhaps do with a bit more polish--it looks a bit Spartan--but it's a trivial nitpicking point.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: