From LittleFish: Rommy is an on screen programmable toy . It is useful for teaching Position and Movement in primary (K-6) mathematics and as a way to introduce young children to control technology. There are several different games in the application:
- Rommy Grid:
Children or teachers can quickly design a simple maze by clicking on square tiles.
- Rommy Grid Gems, a larger maze where you can add 'gems' to be picked up on route.
- Rommy Turtle:
Children can use Rommy like simple turtle to draw on screen using logo type commands.
- Simple creation of mazes by clicking grid.
- Instructions for robot can be written by typing or by using buttons.
- Print Mazes for off computer preparation.
- Create own procedures(Commands) for the Turtle Robot.
What's new in this version:
- Application now Universal. Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later required.
- Timeout of application removed.
- The software no longer requires registration to operate. Shareware fee discontinued.
read more +