CNET Editors' review
The sequel to Red Crucible, Red Crucible 2, is a free first-person shooter that is available in the Mac App Store. Bringing the battlefield experience to its users in a multiplayer action, Red Crucible is fun, but the limited number of free guns available and the poor graphics affect the overall gaming experience.
Gamers who are already familiar with first-person-shooter games will likely intuitively know which buttons they need to use to start the game. However, the lack of a Help file is a problem for people who are new to first-person shooters. There is no storyline behind the game, but what we do like is that there is a large online community. This allows you to play against real people, not just the computer, which adds a bit of extra spice to the game.
Red Crucible 2's high-resolution graphics are merely adequate; those who hunger for excellent graphics will dump the game quickly, as there are other first-person shooters available with much better graphics. While the game is free to download, there is a catch. To survive and fight through all the available levels and game modes, you will need to spend some real money to get better guns. Otherwise you'll be stuck with the basic assault rifle you start with.
Red Crucible 2 is recommended for intermediate and advanced users only, but novice users who don't mind dying a couple times will also enjoy the game. Although the graphics are of low quality, the is app is free, so there's nothing to lose.
From Rocketeer Games:
Compete with friends or players from around the globe using some of the world's deadliest modern weapons and vehicles. Play with up to 24 players in eight unique arenas designed for infantry, vehicle, and air combat. Includes an integrated store for in-app purchases or use the honor points you earn to unlock additional weapons and gears.
What's new in this version:
- Updated GUI for scoreboard and game selection
- Fixed additional wall glitches
- Fixed issues with mouse jerkiness for some player
More Products to Consider
- Sims 2 game update.
- Realtime strategy game.
- Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify z...
- Save the human race from invading aliens in this fun arcade-typ...
- Play a one-act interactive drama.
- Real-time strategy game.
- Version 1.1 Update for Spider Man 2 Third-person action adventu...
- Play solitaire with 3D effects.
- Blow away enemies in this first person shooter made for the Dea...
- Race your marbles through dangerous platforms and collect power...
- Epic adventure battle game.
- Real-time strategy game.
- Fantasy strategy game.
- Popular house life simulation game.
- 1.0.4 Update for Command and Conquer Generals and the Zero Hour...
- Build and operate your own zoo.
- Update for the real time strategy empire building game.
- Networkable 3D Tron game.
- Destroy all zombies in a your hellish crusade.
- Update to version 1.2.
- Play Battle Nations and enjoy an epic, story-driven adventure f...
- Super Nintendo (SNES) emulator.
- Multiplayer/singleplayer first person shooter.