CNET Editors' review
Real Racing GTI is essentially a free, Volkswagen-sponsored preview of the popular racing game Real Racing. Real Racing GTI prominently features (not surprisingly) the new Volkswagen GTI, in six different colors, complete with Volkswagen ads on the track and a "showroom" in which you can check out a video and interior shots of the car.
As with the full version of the game, the gameplay and first-person interface are exceptionally good, striking just the right balance between an arcade driving game and a full-on racing sim. You can choose between five different methods for controlling your car, switching between manual and automatic acceleration, and either accelerometer-controlled or manual steering, all with intuitive, responsive touch-screen controls. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the game's "Brake Assist," an automatic braking system that can help you learn how to take turns.
While the depth of play can't compare to the full game, Real Racing GTI delivers a lot of fun for a free app, with options for a Time Trial, Quick Race (with multiple opponents, on up to nine laps), or Career, letting you compete in the "Volkswagen 2010 GTI Cup," a race over three tracks. If you like racing games and haven't checked out the full version of Real Racing, you'll definitely want to download this demo.
Real Racing GTI is the lite version of Firemint's Real Racing, sponsored by Volkswagen to introduce the all-new 2010 GTI. Experience the joy of competitive racing with one of the most talked about games available on the iPhone and iPod Touch, and get your first chance to drive the all-new 2010 GTI!
Real Racing GTI offers one main track and six all-new 2010 GTI sport hatches. Access an array of options before selecting between three game modes: Quick Race pits you against five other cars, all hungry for first place; Time Trial is a battle against the clock and the world, letting you submit your time to an online leaderboard and post a replay on YouTube; and the GTI Cup championship is a fight for overall position across three tracks.
Can't get enough of Real Racing? We don't blame you! Purchase the full version now and start tearing through forests, seaside circuits and burning deserts. Set up a link to your YouTube channel to publish your best laps automatically, and make sure your friends know about your achievements with Facebook and Twitter integration. Beautiful track environments, carefully detailed cars and console quality 3D sound effects create the most attractive, natural racing experience available on iPhone and iPod Touch.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play 588 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content