CNET Editors' review
Take Google Reader, integrate it with the Adobe AIR platform, and enjoy the result of the happy union--a tidy newsreader that lives on your desktop and shares nearly all the attributes of Google Reader with a cleaner interface written to mirror Mac OS X. Users can access all feeds from their account or just favorites and shared stories; search by keyword; and add or remove feeds and tags. About the only thing ReadAir doesn't carry over so far from the online reader is Google's trend analysis, though there are folks who won't mind the omission one bit. Note that the app is in early alpha and will change often, making it a good idea for users to enable autoupdates.
From Google Code:
ReadAir is an OSX Themed Desktop Client for Mac or Windows built with Adobe Air. It features a Mac themed scrollbars and form elements, full synchronization with Google Reader Account, add/Remove/Manage tags, subscribe/Unsubscribe from feeds, searching through feeds, and more.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Web browser.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Widget for downloading podcasts about vegan food.
- Quit or restart Finder to free up some memory.
- Access applications, documents, folders quickly without wasting...
- Serve files and URLs to Apple TV.
- AU/VST plugin based on formants.
- On Screen Cloze procedure(fill in the missing word) exercise cr...
- Eliminates annoyances of using multiple web browsers.
- Get the most out of social networking and the Web in this brows...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1