CNET Editors' review
Packed into a simple interface, the game Pool! comes with limited playing options, but it will become the favorite time waster of those who like playing 8-ball in real life. No stunning effects here, just simple pool playing.
At first launch, pool players won't be surprised by the limited play option available and the lack of a Help file. The explanation is simply that you don't need any help, as the game is a no-brainer. Players can choose whether they play the game against the computer or a friend, and Options are limited to just enabling and disabling the sound effects. That's all there is to it.
When you start the first game, you can adjust the table color or the shooting power, which is very cool; just like in real life, sometimes you need to have a stronger shot and sometimes not. Playing with the Power button slider will show users how far the ball will go, which is pretty cool. In addition, the app can display the numbers of the balls, but you don't need it, as you are playing 8-ball.
Also we found it very useful that the game maps out the cue ball's trajectory as well as the other balls'. The graphics are simple; nothing fancy, just enough to keep the illusion of playing on a pool table.
Overall, Pool! is a fun app to play, and we liked how the balls reacted while playing, which made the gameplay smooth. The sound is pretty basic, but despite its limited options, Pool! is a good app to fill some spare time, with or without your friends.
Play 8-ball pool against computer or your friend. The object of the game is to pocket your set of assigned balls (solid or striped) and finally pocket black ball to designated pocket.
What's new in this version: Fullscreen support.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- 3d truck racing game.
- Create your own text adventures (interactive fiction).
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play through a whole career of wrestling matches featuring a va...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I can't stop playing it sometimes."
Version: Pool! 1.1
Pretty easy to play and I enjoy it.
Not sure if I can find any. But the version you have saying updated Aug. 31, 2012 is not an update.
It would be nice if 9 ball was also available in this game.