PolarView NS is a complete user friendly on-board marine navigation system. It is available for Apple Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. PolarView NS combines free marine chart planning, tides and weather with live GPS navigation and AIS capabilities. It supports ENC charts in S57 format (available from NOAA), raster charts in BSB format, as well as world wide standard S63 vector charts. PolarView includes Tides and Currents display, using the industry-standard TCD tide database format. PolarView is a fully-featured GRIB weather viewer supporting wind, isobaric pressure, wave contours, temperature. PolarView includes a free built-in GRIB download service with GRIB data based on NOAA NCEP GFS and NWW3 models. World basemap is included. Routes and waypoints can be edited directly on the chart and imported/exported to GPX and CSV files.
What's new in this version:
- GRIB viewer updates, including on-screen GRIB time slice control
- New GRIB data models: GFS and NWW3 at 0.5 degrees, and combined GFS & NWW3 model including all data (wind, waves, pressure, precipitation)
- Switch active route by Shift-clicking on it in a chart view
- Import routes and waypoints from GPX/CSV as visible
- Bug fixes and general housekeeping