Plex Media Server connects your Plex clients with all of your local and online media. The combination of centralized library management, streaming of online content, and transcoding functionality provides flexibility and ease of use. Plex Media Server runs on your Mac, PC, or compatible NAS device and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including Plex-enabled mobile devices and 2011 LG Smart TVs.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Play your audio, video, and images in your home theater.
- Watch online TV in high quality.
- Access remote client PCs easily.
- Analyze your system and view your hardware information.
- Complete media playback solution.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Manage and stream your media with your Windows 8 PC.
- Enhance your GTA:SA experience with this graphical upgrade mod.
- WCEUSBS driver.
- Share video streams online.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great overall TV streaming solution"
Version: Plex Media Server 0.9.7.28
Easy way to stream video and audio to home TV-streaming devices (I use a Roku, but other devices are supported). It also allows me to add videos to a queue right from my browser without having to download them to my computer. Very flexible, and easy to use.
I use this on my Windows installation because I could never get it to work quite right on Linux. That's why I gave it only 4 stars. I also found it a bit tricky on a Windows XP installation I run in a virtual machine, but that could, of course, be partially the obstacle of running an op system in a virtual machine environment.
This is an easy, free video and audio streaming solution to get media from your computer - or the internet - to your television, at least in Windows 7. I'm able to do so easily over both wireless and ethernet (I tested both scenarios to see if there were any performance differences - minimal difference).
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content