Planetarium is an application for the Palm Connected Organizer that plots star charts and offers some unique, useful features for the beginning star gazer as well as for the professional astronomer.
It calculates the position of the sun, the moon, the planets, up to 9000 stars, hundreds of deep sky objects, comets and asteroids for any time and any geographical position and draws a sky map of any section of the sky with all 88 constellations. Stargazers can use it to help them find or identify objects in a clear night-time sky.
You can calculate twilight times, moon phases, and various astronomical information like coordinates, magnitude, distance, rise and set times and much more of the planets and all the other objects in the sky.
What's new in this version:
- There was a slight discrepancy between the position of the stars and the grid which could be noticed with high zoom levels.
- Jupiter's moons were drawn "updside down" with the default orientation, instead of what is seen with binoculars.
- There were problems with the hardware buttons of the T5.
- Many dialogs had this on the T3: In landscape mode with the T3 case open, open a dialog, close and open case, then the dialog was not redrawn properly.
- When... See all new features »